Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few thoughts to share this morning…

December 20, 2022 08:19AM
In no particular order of importance, just a stream of consciousness thing…

Warning: I’m not gonna be holding back in this post.

Great to hear Stafford declare that he’s NOT retiring. That’s huge.

Rams must invest in a RB this offseason. Trade, FA, draft, I don’t care, anymore. My personal preference would be the draft. We just can’t go on like this. Fortunately, this is a deep RB draft.

Rams currently can’t run and can’t pass. Look no further than their OL. Even Hav is now struggling. No choice but to play out the string with these current guys, but damn! It’s ugly to watch, isn’t it?

I’m done with Allen. Heart of a lion but he can’t stay on the field, therefore he’s largely useless. Shelton would be an upgrade but Rams might go trade, FA, or draft for OG/OC anyway.

As I’ve posted in other threads, I believe Rams OL can be fixed with addition of just 2 players (plus return of health by guys already on roster). So fixing OL is not the Impossible Dream.

We, in effect, don’t currently have a functioning TE corps do we? Even Higbee has disappointed. Speaking of Higbee, his departure this offseason is probably on the table as a topic of Ram coaches discussion. I’m serious. This TE situation has been weakening for years without being recognized and dealt with by Snead/McVay. Almost unforgivable.

Hoecht is not the answer at OLB. Sorry. I love his effort but Rams need a lot better.

Thomas and Hardy did nothing to stand out last night. If they did I sure missed it while blinking my eyes. I was hoping for at least a flash or two…. Edge remains a very high priority for the offseason. Probably the highest priority.

Rams sure miss their healthy AD. Duh! Changes the whole dynamic on D and opportunities for opposing OC’s.

Wagner was a brilliant signing. He’s exceeded my lofty expectations. Probably MVP on D this year. Not his fault that team is struggling, that’s for sure.

Hill is a goner and I won’t miss him (or his tackling).

I was hoping for more from Durant. Rams need him to show something in these final 3 games if he wants to be prominently included in their ‘23 plans.

Did Lake get any snaps other than ST? If not, why not? Isn’t this the perfect opportunity to see what these kids can do? Maybe just 5 snaps or so? C’mon…

I love Gay and really like Dixon. Both are locks for extensions.

Okay, here’s where I may upset a few of the brethren but I’ve gotta call them as I see them. Sigh…

Snead and McVay may both be overrated. There, I said it.

Here’s why I suggest this.

Yes, it’s true that Rams have suffered terrible injuries on their OL, not to mention WR and their secondary as well. Doesn’t help to lose Stafford and AD either. But other teams have suffered many injuries, too, and they’re still in contention for the playoffs. Rams were such a team just last year.

Rams are also guilty of making some non-optimal personnel decisions over recent years via draft and FA (pretty diplomatic there, huh?). In addition, Rams coaching decisions have become more puzzling of late. McVay’s asst coaches currently are not of the same caliber as in recent years, either. Rams assistants used to be considered great teachers and rapid developers of young talent but that now seems to be gone. Hell, it seems like now they can’t develop ANYONE.

So, what am I saying? Certainly NOT that Snead or McVay need to be replaced. That would be foolish. But I AM suggesting that both men do some soul searching of their respective methods and results and come up with a game plan to correct their respective mistakes. Both need a course correction.

Snead has GOT to draft better and McVay has GOT to fix his anemic O and get his corps of assistants back up to their previous standards. Might want to rethink some of the current strategies on D, too.

There are holes at certain position groups that should NEVER be there if the two decision makers were paying proper attention.

Backup QB
RB
TE
Edge
CB
S

I might add that Rams OL has not been able to run block well for several years.

I hate seeing all the injuries as much as anybody else does, but if one thinks that the Rams woes are all attributable to injuries then one has simply not been paying enough attention. Some of these problems have been worsening for years.

Poor drafting or poor coaching? Or both? The results speak for themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2022 08:22AM by Rams43.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few thoughts to share this morning…

Rams43229December 20, 2022 08:19AM

of course they're overrated

Coy Bacon124December 20, 2022 08:28AM

IF......

NewMexicoRam211December 20, 2022 08:44AM

Re: IF......

RamsFanSinceLA54December 20, 2022 09:04AM

2 replies

303060December 20, 2022 08:55AM

Few thoughts