Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The OL is a big contributor

November 01, 2022 03:35AM
to his play calls sometimes but he has always had me scratching my head as to why he ran or didn't run something that seemed so obvious to us but not him.

Still, he always found a way to make it work in the long run. He was never a big run first guy and has always had RZ play calling issues.

IMO, this year is an anomaly due to all the OL injuries. That's hard to overcome for any coach. Having said that, it doesn't excuse his lack of creativity to try and mask some of the OL's weaknesses ie; jet sweeps, 12 personnel, etc.

As for the whiner domination, I am sure it is destroying him inside but the reality of it is that a lot of the blame goes on him. I again point to his lack of creativity on O. Shanny's D knows exactly what we are going to do before we do it and has said as much in his last interview.

It's the same for the D strategy against the whiners. It's too predictable. If even I can guess where Jimmie G is going with the ball pre snap, I am sure Jimmie G can too! lol

Someone mentioned that the D did make changes...on the way the DL was playing them. IMO, the way the CB's play them EVERY down is a bigger issue. That's where the "mixing up" should start.

I think McVay is embarrassed after 8 losses but the SB win makes it a little easier for him to swallow his pride. But make no mistake about it. I think we see some real changes next year.

I would not be surprised if Morris is gone, our OC is gone and we add a bunch of new players for depth and a possible "star" as well.

No team makes it to the SB back to back anymore for a reason. We WILL be back in contention and play BETTER next year than we are right now. I am pretty confident about that and also confident that McVay should still be our HC for many more years to come. beer cheer smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I am concerned about McVay

The_Zone315October 31, 2022 04:55PM

I think it’s a matter of damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t

Ekern5593October 31, 2022 08:06PM

Re: I think it’s a matter of damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t

sfbayram92November 01, 2022 01:21AM

dodgerram60November 01, 2022 01:50AM

Rams4353November 01, 2022 04:53AM

The OL is a big contributor