Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to build offensive line depth.

October 07, 2022 12:24PM
You see certain teams year in and year out that seem to end up having go pretty deep down the depth chart when it comes to the OL, but they stay competitive.
9ers, Pats, Cowboys, etc.
I think this is the philosophy they seem to be using... BACK UP OL NEED TO BE BULLDOZERS!
If you have a bunch of guys who CAN mash and be able to successfully run block then you always have the option to just do that. Move the ball 3.5 YPC, take an occassional shot down field and SAVE YOUR QB from getting killed.
I get that you probably want your swing tackle to be more than just a big nasty. If you consider the swing tackle OL #6, then everyone after that needs to be a big-butted, corn-fed, giant kanckled mound of run-your-azzover! I sure miss Roger Saffold.
Teams can actually get by for 4 or 5 games that way not only with injuries to the OL, but even with injuries to your starting QB.
I hope the rams consider this concept moving forward. Why not draft some guys late who don't get drafted sooner because they are great run blockers but need work on pass blocking.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

How to build offensive line depth.

PSJRam305October 07, 2022 12:24PM

You brought up a point I have ALWAYS wondered about...... "3.5 per play"

Ramgator70October 08, 2022 03:17AM

Re: You brought up a point I have ALWAYS wondered about...... "3.5 per play"

Ram_Ruler67October 08, 2022 05:37AM

I was fine with the Rams' OL depth plan coming into the year

LMU9345October 08, 2022 08:20AM

Re: I was fine with the Rams' OL depth plan coming into the year

Classicalwit31October 08, 2022 10:57AM

Re: I was fine with the Rams' OL depth plan coming into the year