Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oldnotdead with some very strong opinions…

September 26, 2022 11:58AM
Here’s Oldnotdead…

Morris plays "his boys" regardless of talent. Kendricks is strictly a zone CB as he lacks the long speed to play anything else much like Hill. He requires safety help over the top. OCs will isolate him by drawing the safeties away then take Kendricks deep. It's why he was dropped in the draft. We saw how badly he got outrun. He's best when he plays downhill which is why he's lined up 10 yds off.

If Morris continues to play this soft zone the Niners with their short passing game and strong run attack will control the game. It's clear Morris learned nothing from last year. For him good enough is good enough which is a @#$%& philosophy for a DC. How many losses will he be okay with? Again I have no doubt it's why he got passed over last year for a HC position. He's overrated IMO.

The Rams have no money for a FA edge worth anything. They barely played McKinley with only 6 snaps behind Floyd. They should have Hardy back after the bye in week 7. They need to see what they have or don't in these two. Morris isn't sending pressure he's content to let teams dink and dunk eat up clock and score FGs. He thinks limiting teams to FGs is a win which IMO is @#$%&. He will cost at least 2-3 more games if he keeps this up. He's not locking down the short passes so the pass rush can't get there. His defensive scheme is @#$%& and is used by a coach playing scared. Morris needs to grow some balls.

The offense is better because McVay is back to calling plays. Coen is just an offensive observer passing down what he sees and looking for defensive tendencies.

The playaction is working again because of the FB look with Benny Sko. It's what I've been saying, playing a FB doesn't limit the passing game it enhances it. It also makes a big difference in the run game when they are running between the tackles.

I'm not worried about Robinson. It takes time to adjust to McVay's scheme. He's thinking too much at this point. If he makes that TD catch and Akers doesn't fumble they blow the Cards out. Kingsbury has been a loser his whole career. If they don't make the playoffs this year he's probably gone. They are stuck with Murray until 2027. LOL

To beat the Niners they need to play clean. If you watched the Niners game (I watched the 1st half) they don't look as dominant as they used to. It's also clear, that Jimmy's lack of TC practice is showing. Because of the speed of their receivers, Morris need's Rochell's speed because Kendrick will be toast if he is played. But he might still be on a concussion hold. If the Rams play a clean game they win.

Everyone (the media) were critical of the preceived lack of depth on the Rams. Well they are being proved wrong. I'd rather see a healthy Jackson at RT and Aboushi at RG than a gimpy Havenstein against the Niners edges. I think the OL will be good enough to beat the Niners.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Oldnotdead with some very strong opinions…

Rams43473September 26, 2022 11:58AM

Yeah, last year was awful Attachments

JimYoungblood53303September 26, 2022 12:11PM

Re: Yeah, last year was awful

Rampage2K-178September 26, 2022 12:44PM

Wonder what people thought of the agressive defense

JimYoungblood53182September 26, 2022 12:49PM

Re: Wonder what people thought of the agressive defense

Classicalwit98September 26, 2022 03:54PM

The year before Donald came Hayes and Sims were

JimYoungblood5384September 26, 2022 04:06PM

Re: Oldnotdead with some very strong opinions…

h2omelonhead184September 26, 2022 12:56PM

And

JimYoungblood53110September 26, 2022 12:59PM

Re: And

h2omelonhead136September 26, 2022 02:00PM

I would like to discuss our goal-to-go-offense

JimYoungblood53143September 26, 2022 02:11PM

Good discussion 53

Ramsdude98September 26, 2022 03:01PM

Answer Malcom Brown or someone like him

JimYoungblood53103September 26, 2022 03:46PM

Re: Oldnotdead with some very strong opinions…

GlacieRam157September 26, 2022 03:39PM