Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I'd go a step further re: QB

May 11, 2022 06:23AM
Nice post, Deacon.

I’m gonna add a couple to your fine list.

I consider Coen an upgrade over O’Connell, perhaps a significant one. I think McVay and Coen are in mind meld territory and Coen is one imaginative mofo. No disrespect for O’Connell intended but I think Coen is gonna be special. Maybe a mini-McVay type.

If Hendy gets hurt again he will lose future snaps to Williams and I doubt that he ever gets them back. This will be Hendy’s last year as a Ram, anyway.

I have zero concerns about this ‘22 OL. Excellent starters and very good depth that’s 9-10 deep.

OBJ is a virtual lock to be extended. Just makes too much sense for both parties. I mean, Stafford is lobbying for him. Do you think Rams will ignore THAT? Our passing attack will be even more deadly this year. Virtually unstoppable once OBJ returns.

Adding a solid edge for opposite Floyd would be the missing piece. If Snead gets this done I could definitely see a SB repeat. This D could be a nightmare to deal with.

The Bobby Wagner signing will prove to be somewhere between ‘great move’ and ‘positively brilliant’. Mark my words, Wagner will transform this D up the middle. A posititional weak link just became a team strength when paired with Jones. This was possibly Snead’s best offseason move.

If Bobby Wagner isn’t best off-season move than the Robinson one is. Can’t wait to see Stafford connecting to Robinson. And Robinson will take a lot of pressure off of Kupp. I almost feel sorry for opposing DC’s. I said ALMOST. Lol.

We all saw some growth in McVay as the season unfolded. Namely his understanding of the importance of maintaining a running threat even when it wasn’t easy. And I suspect that McVay had a ‘come to Jesus’ meeting with Morris at some point in the 2nd half of the season in terms of increasing D aggression. This resulted in a massive turnaround for Morris’ D (along with the Miller addition) just when Rams needed it most.

Morris should be able to hit the deck running in September this season with that aggressive and smothering style of D. If he does then I foresee two things. Rams return to SB and Morris is offered a HC position somewhere.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams remain at the top of post-draft NFL power rankings

BerendsenRam300May 10, 2022 09:06AM

I'd go a step further re: QB

merlin227May 10, 2022 07:43PM

droopy168May 10, 2022 07:57PM

David Deacon211May 11, 2022 04:23AM

Rams43117May 11, 2022 06:23AM

Weapons are significantly upgraded