Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BonifayRam with some strong opinions on Rams Safety situation…

April 09, 2022 03:12PM
Here’s BonifayRam…

If Snead/McVay have had the meetings with DC coaches Morris/ Cooley/ Schulters/ Shula & they all have a forthcoming secondary plan for the utilization of DB Tyrann Mathieu as the starting Nickle DB.....thus placing corner David Long/ Jalen Ramsey & Robert Rochell as the 3 main outside corners going into the draft then I can understand the signing of TM fully.

The other part:

I am not all that happy with the safety unit as a whole at this moment in the deep/free far-ranging talent. But it's not a big concern to spend very huge amounts of valuable present & future salary cap on in the case of a Tyrann Mathieu

The Rams played some of their best pass defense last season in the last four games when Morris's top starting safety Jordan Fuller was injured & unable to suit up. Fuller had injury concerns in his rookie season too. But in this case, if you dig deep Fuller being absent from his usual deep safety post for 4 gms was positive from my perspective.

FS Nick Scott got a full opportunity to showcase what the Rams secondary was missing from the play of an actual skilled deep safety. NS is back for his 4th & final season under his rookie contract this season & has solidly earned the starting deep safety position entering this new 2022 season.

Morris also has his other favorite former top Ram draft pick safety Taylor Rapp entering his 4th season as a starter too. But like Jordan Fuller, Rapp missed the last four big games of the postseason & he was not missed either. Morris also has versatile FS/ Nickle/ SS former 3rd rd selection Terrell Burgess lurking. Burgess is entering his 3rd season. Other contracted defenders who have played safety are Jake Gervase/ Antonio Brooks & possibly former starting WSILB'er Travin Howard (a college safety). All 3 of these safeties are mostly Strong Safety in the box type DB's.

If it were up to me I would bypass Tyrann Mathieu with his salary cap draining cost & seek a deep safety in the draft to go with the seven listed above safeties.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BonifayRam with some strong opinions on Rams Safety situation…

Rams43594April 09, 2022 03:12PM

Mathieu is like Ed Reed

Stafford9286April 09, 2022 04:00PM

good player, but......

21Dog183April 10, 2022 06:09AM

Re: good player, but......

merlin138April 10, 2022 12:07PM

Re: BonifayRam with some strong opinions on Rams Safety situation…

Ramboni203April 10, 2022 02:54AM

Rams43155April 10, 2022 06:21AM

Ramboni188April 10, 2022 10:38AM

Ramstien124April 10, 2022 03:36AM

BonifayRam with still more strong opinions on Rams Safety situation…

Rams43122April 11, 2022 05:54AM

I could see Rapp being a trade candidate

LMU93147April 11, 2022 06:27AM

I am surprised they didn't move Rapp

merlin124April 11, 2022 08:26AM

I wish these guys would watch the All-22

JimYoungblood53157April 11, 2022 10:18AM