Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

After a decade & a half of darkness you go for it

February 05, 2022 04:07AM
The Rams were terrible for 15 years or so and they had lots of draft capital. Where did that get us? Oh yea we got to 7-9 on year with Fisher.

Draft picks are shots in the dark. Think about the very high picks like Bradford, Smith and Robinson all top 2 draft choices and all buts. Even Chris Long another #2 pick, while a decent player never became a star. The draft crap shoot is filled with players that don't make it or only become backup. Only about 30% of 1st rounders ever make it to a pro bowl and the odds really go down after the 1st Round. The following article provides a sense of the how many players really make it in different rounds. [www.battleredblog.com]

Anyway drafting is only one way of building a roster. What is often overlooked is how well you develop the talent that you draft or acquire via UDFA or off the waiver wire. This in an area the Rams excel at and for the most part the find and develop on the cheap in this area. But this isn't a sexy area to talk about for the uniformed listener which make up a big part of the audience around Super Bowl time.

Did the Rams over pay for Ramsey? Stafford? Miller? Many question the Miller trade but I an not sure we get to the Super Bowl without Von Miller. Right there that makes the trade worth it. How many draft picks would you give up for a trip to the Super Bowl?

The Rams also acquire draft capital via compensatory picks which again show how well the draft and develop talent.

Also ask yourself why do players want to come to LA? Why do so called trouble makers go on to make it in big in LA. Ramsey now a leader and best CB in football. OBJ off the scrap heap and now a star again.

What I like the most though is that the Rams went all in tying to get to the Super Bowl and they made it to the big game. We have had a really good roster for 5 years and overcame mistakes and kept on chugging. 2 Super Bowls in 5 years after 15 years in the pits.

Wake up America you are seeing what happens when you have a great organization that is all on the same page and hitting on all cylinders. It is truly a thing of beauty and will be studied by others for years to come.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Man, I am tired of hearing how the Rams mortgaged their future

The_Zone432February 04, 2022 02:33PM

One nice thing about being a dunce like me...

JamesJM162February 04, 2022 03:29PM

Just ignorance

Atlantic Ram207February 04, 2022 07:30PM

Re: Just ignorance

OzRam298February 05, 2022 12:11AM

After a decade & a half of darkness you go for it

David Deacon100February 05, 2022 04:07AM

Bill Bellichik is a genius…

Thirtymac, The Intrepid Ram103February 05, 2022 04:33AM

IMO, the single reality that makes the whole argument absurd...

JYB106February 05, 2022 04:45AM