Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Cheap way to watch the last game from wherever you are. Admin. if frowned upon. Plz Remove.

January 04, 2022 07:41AM
So, I'm not super tech savvy. I tried various "free" streams on reddit and other sources for years. Even with a VPN in previous years, I got tired of broken links, pop-up and all of that. So, I decided to give this a try and it has worked perfectly all season long. And, I don't have to feel like the FBI is going to show up at my door at some point and/or feel like I'm teaching my kids how to do something illegal.

First, you need a good VPN first. But, you can get one on a month to month plan for under $5.00 per month. I use NordVPN and have been happy for using it this way. I got 3 years of service for around $50.00. With Nord you can use on PC, Laptop, Tablet and phones. But I don't think it's apple compatible. I'm sure there are other VPNs out there and maybe some other folks will have input on why those are better than Nord.

NLF Game Pass International is being offered for $9.99 per month and I think you can sign up for only 1 month which makes sense to do right now because after this Sunday, every play-off game will be televised nationally, I presume.

- So, Set up and pay for your VPN service.
- Then, log into your VPN and set it to a server in Mexico. This will not work if you are set to a server in the US.
- Sign-up with your credit card. Don't worry about it that your address for the card is in the US. It doesn't matter. This made me nervous but they never ask where you live, just the billing address from your credit card.
- Pay for 1 month of service (make sure you check that it's not a recurring payment and if it is, remember to cancel before the 30 days is up).
- They will email you all of your login information after the payment has been processed.
- On Sunday or any day if you want to watch previously played games, log into your VPN and set for Mexico. This will not work if you are set to a server in the US.
- Select your game to watch live or watch RedZone if you like.
- Then once the game starts to play, expand the screen and enjoy.

$15.00 to watch this game, any previous game all season, etc. for the next month is a steal of a deal.

I actually plug my laptop into one of my big screens so it acts as a 65" monitor. I used to use ChromeCast but with more working parts, I found less (almost no) buffering by just using an HDMI cord between my laptop and TV.

I did this process at the start of the NFL season and paid $99.00 for the full season. With the VPN showing I was in Mexico, it was the cheapest option. I think it was $119.00 throughout most of Europe. I think India was also $99.00. But, the servers in Mexico are closer to the US so I went with that. Don't know that really makes a difference but it did make sense to me.

I've been very happy doing this. I just have to start the connection process about 10 minutes before kick-off to make sure I can get through all of the steps before things get started. I have only missed a few minutes of football and that was because of internet issues, not NFL Game Pass or the VPN.

To the best of my knowledge this is legal. I'm not telling anyone that I live in Mexico. I'm just signing in from a server that is in Mexico.

I think I've got this down pretty good. I bet many others on the board are doing the same thing, have been doing it for longer and likely have some other tips to make it even better.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

When are the TV maps for upcoming games released?

Ramgator419January 04, 2022 04:07AM

Wednesday afternoon (nm)

BigGame81144January 04, 2022 04:11AM

If you can get to an ap or guide for your tv provider...

baraw120January 04, 2022 04:50AM

Re: screenshot from the ap... Attachments

baraw148January 04, 2022 05:01AM

That's not what the NFL schedule shows

NewMexicoRam202January 04, 2022 05:55AM

Re: That's not what the NFL schedule shows

AlbaNY_Ram111January 04, 2022 07:31AM

Well then

NewMexicoRam171January 04, 2022 10:54AM

Re: That's not what the NFL schedule shows

baraw169January 04, 2022 08:28AM

CRAP!!! Nevermind. Just saw that the Bucs play the same time as the Rams.

Ramgator108January 04, 2022 06:21AM

Re: Cheap way to watch the last game from wherever you are. Admin. if frowned upon. Plz Remove.

PSJRam231January 04, 2022 07:41AM

Thanks for the info

NewMexicoRam108January 04, 2022 11:00AM

It's not the map, but there is a chance for us in FL!

baraw156January 05, 2022 06:14AM

Here is the late map, most get Rams Attachments

baraw177January 05, 2022 07:06AM

There ya go gator..... ...nm

Arkansas Ram127January 05, 2022 09:36AM

HMMMMM! Tells me that Tampa has a LOT of tickets left! I thought...

Ramgator90January 05, 2022 10:49AM

The northern half of Florida is getting the TB game

NewMexicoRam119January 05, 2022 11:30AM

YES! FINALLY...

sstrams119January 05, 2022 10:54AM

Not what I heard!!!

Ramgator104January 05, 2022 10:59AM