Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams closing in on being a Championship caliber TEAM (my opinion)

January 03, 2022 03:53PM
7-8 weeks ago, The Rams were a team struggling with big names and not getting production, but lately the Rams are winning games that they would have lost just 6-8 weeks ago. they are able to overcome their mistakes in all 3 phases of the game.

The Special teams units are playing much better than earlier in the year, Powell has been terrific on returns, Gay is having a remarkable season, and Hekker has managed to hit a few good balls lately.

The Defense, stat wise, looks great, but as we all know, Stats only tell a part of the story, This D has been able to stop opponents from scoring TD's, problem with them has been the inability to stop teams from driving the length of the field and getting those FGs. points are points and TOP is a real issue with these Rams as teams frequently have 10-15 play drives taking up 8-12 mins off the clock. However, holding teams to 3 instead of 7 should be viewed as a win in most cases. This D is built to play with a lead, once they have it, they do play totally different.

The Offense has had its fair share of issues, from Dropped passes, untimely penalties, to turnovers, including several pick 6's. but the last several games this team has been able to overcome those issues with 4th quarter success by everyone on the Offense, from Michel running hard and deliberate to our Receivers making some great catches and our QB actually dropping some dimes.

Coaching has been better, Clock management still confuses me, like running a play before the 2 min warning when we are driving to go ahead and inside the redzone, makes no sense to do that, run it down to 2 mins, then run your running play. Make the Ravens call timeout.

All in all, this team is 12-4, won a couple games that we probably shouldn't have won due to the turnovers and giving up easy points to the opposition on offense. HOWEVER, we DID win these several games in spite of it all, due to Special teams coming through with some big returns, The Defense coming up with stops and the Offense putting together some great scoring drives in the 4th quarter.

The old saying still holds true, it's not how you start but how you finish.

I see the board and those complaining about Stafford's ints, and I get it, I feel the same way, however, I also see a man who instead of folding up and giving up, he mans up and puts together some tremendous drives along with his Oline and receivers to win the game in the end.

A Gunslinger is going to throw picks, Favre did it as well, but he never stopped throwing and usually brought his teams back to win, Stafford does in fact have a lot of that in him.

As for the rest of the NFL, If the Rams can beat playoff hopeful teams on the road with spotting them points what happens once the Rams put it all together and click in all 3 phases without the turnovers? Bad news for the rest of the NFL that's what.

GO RAMS!!!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams closing in on being a Championship caliber TEAM (my opinion)

The_Zone427January 03, 2022 03:53PM

Re: Rams closing in on being a Championship caliber TEAM (my opinion)

Killrazor170January 03, 2022 11:28PM

Ramstien108January 04, 2022 04:59AM

they're becoming a more complete team

LMU93122January 04, 2022 05:59AM

AlbaNY_Ram105January 04, 2022 07:45AM

oldschoolramfan41January 04, 2022 01:43PM

Stafford970January 04, 2022 01:59PM