Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PIN IT!

November 27, 2021 01:35AM
There's very little to expand or contend with in this article. The only thing I didn't fully agree with was his assertion that McVay needs to not hesitate to be aggressive. I'd say that's the opposite of McVay's problem. He far too often doesn't hesitate to be aggressive to the point of being cavalier and reckless. As has been pointed out by...well, everyone, it's Martz all over again.

As with EVERYTHING in football, it's more about timing and predictability. Simply being aggressive all the time quickly devolves into just being predictable. McVay and the Rams being aggressive and unorthodox not only doesn't catch defenses off guard anymore, defenses are sitting on it and waiting for it to happen.

That's what is really pissing me off about McVay. To fall into the hubris trap is just so disappointing. That he has failed to apply common sense to this point is devastating. I mean that without hyperbole because it brings into serious question for me McVay's future. I really thought he was the best coach in the league, especially considering his youth, inexperience and room for improvement. But he has clearly plateaued IMO.

He is making the same mistakes that he was making in 2018 and there is no Goff to blame it on. Luckily, whenever I get this extreme with an opinion, the worm turns to prove me wrong so the Rams will probably blow out the Packers or something and make me look like a fool. But, I'm genuinely worried.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sean McVay needs to prove that he can evolve…

Rams43369November 26, 2021 01:34PM

Wow! Spot on IMHO nm

joram175November 26, 2021 01:56PM

Re: Sean McVay needs to prove that he can evolve…

Ramstien158November 26, 2021 02:01PM

BamRam266November 26, 2021 06:51PM

PIN IT!

moklerman233November 27, 2021 01:35AM

Leoram264November 27, 2021 05:14AM

Ramstien170November 27, 2021 06:10AM

moklerman95November 27, 2021 07:23AM

Leoram88November 27, 2021 08:51AM