Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Oldnotdead on Rams ‘new’ team speed…Great Write Up

July 02, 2021 02:30AM
Thank you for your thoughtful write up.

Speed on offense, a better running game and more pass protection are keys to maximizing the Stafford Impact.

I am a sucker for guys like Harris and Tutu but I question how much we will see them. McVay doesn't like to live through the Rookie learning curve that is inevitable. I will certainly be rooting the see these guys a they will be fun to watch.

On a side not I think over the last 2 years we have already added speed at RB and now have 2 guys who could be used in the passing game more.

On a side note I am not convinced we didn't have coaching issues on offense last year. I think the deterioration in the relationship and the communications between Goff and McVay messed up both of their heads and contributed to subpar performance. Does the new line coach fix that? If that is the case and we are going away from a zone blocking scheme to play a more smash mouth straight ahead scheme does that fix the problem with protection? I also question how we can have an offensive line approach that is different from the type of offense the Head Coach wants to run?

Perhaps this is really just about the defenses figuring out how to disrupt the McVay offense and the adjustments in personel, coaching and scheme that need to take place to get us back on top. The offense has been middle of the road for 2 years now and that seems like a long time to figure out how to get back on top. Don't mean to sound negative and I am very hopeful that all of the changes will provide excellent results but I can't help but think that if McVay stepped back just a bit on running the offense that he might figure things out quicker with a better perspective. We he is always learning so he will figure things out. He did on Defense last year which is a good example of being a little less hands on but making sure his stamp in terms of style was executed upon.

Anyway can't wait to see how this all turns out.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Oldnotdead on Rams ‘new’ team speed…

Rams43545June 30, 2021 01:29PM

Re: Oldnotdead on Rams ‘new’ team speed…

BerendsenRam227June 30, 2021 01:53PM

Oldnotdead on Rams ‘new’ team speed: Lot's to speculate at this time

Anonymous User298June 30, 2021 02:26PM

you have me conivinced

socalmab173July 01, 2021 08:56AM

Re: you have me conivinced

Anonymous User233July 01, 2021 04:14PM

special teams impact

LMU93125July 02, 2021 04:35AM

Re: Oldnotdead on Rams ‘new’ team speed…Great Write Up

David Deacon176July 02, 2021 02:30AM