Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I sooo agree, LMU

June 19, 2021 04:05AM
SunTzu_vs_Camus
this is what PS should be...maybe one PS game at most...the rest would be these controlled scrimmages.
I know guys can get hurt anytime they practice - whether hitting or not...but I just think it's better to keep guys healthy
and lose them during the season(whether in games or practice) than in meaningless pre-season games.

I know losing someone to injury is the same sin no matter when...but it just feels more fair to lose them during the season in some way.

My logic makes no sense, I know...but we humans are a bizarre and strange species! winking smiley

The argument I heard in favor of choreographed inter-team practices is that you can script situations. So for example you can practice third and short a set amount of times, when in a PS game that might just come up randomly a couple of times.

I still believe in PS games though, precisely because games are far more random and full of the unexpected. Getting ready for the season means facing the chaos of a game as a unit. So fumbles matter, reactions to fumbles matter, the defense coming on the field to face a team that just recovered a fumble matters...and so on, to infinity.

I don;t think the injury concern is real. That is, in preseason games, yeah you can have injuries, but how common is that? I think that worry is just the coach spooking himself.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams and Cowboys set date for joint practice during training camp

BerendsenRam455June 15, 2021 12:20PM

these joint practices are so valuable

LMU93122June 17, 2021 03:52AM

I sooo agree, LMU

SunTzu_vs_Camus118June 17, 2021 04:16AM

Re: I sooo agree, LMU

zn93June 19, 2021 04:05AM

point taken on PS games....

SunTzu_vs_Camus113June 19, 2021 04:41AM

Re: point taken on PS games....

zn88June 19, 2021 05:22AM

was worried they wouldn't return to Irvine....see you in July!!!

Rampage2K-112June 17, 2021 11:59AM