Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Is the narrative false?

June 01, 2021 08:45PM
dzrams
zn
ramBRO
There were so few plays to be had for either offense in that game. That late throw to a wide-open Cooks really...REALLY hurt. But like Baldy said...Stafford's mental processing and arm talent could be a crucial difference-maker for McVay's offense.

I find it amazing that people buy this narrative...It's the nature of the difference.

What is the narrative that you feel people shouldn't be buying? All Baldy said

I wasn't responding to "Baldy." In fact nothing I said had anything to do with him.

I was just putting up a 2 cents post against another 2 cents post, in the hopes that the usual 2-3 or 4 posters would feel compelled to argue about it while again ignoring the other posters in the thread saying the same things I am.

Playful irony aside. I was responding to the oft-iterated myth that Goff in 2020 was deficient in basic fundamental ways. That's always too simple and always too hyperbolic and ignores too many things.

For example I love the "can't process" myth. Guys watched entire games where the Rams came through with a lot of good play by the qb, yet that gets erased from all calculations, and instead the bad games are made into the entire season. Stafford's 13 years of experience is erased and people just pretend like one qb can process and the other can't (which means ignoring the fact that in his 5th year Stafford was not significantly better).

It goes on and on.

Are you by any chance going to try to argue this to death (again) as if your own narrative is "true" and what we DON'T have here is a clash of perspectives on a complicated issue?

If you do, notice that I try to avoid these over-generalized kind of categorical statements that just feed hyperbole. Like, Goff was never good under pressure. No it's not that absolute. Or Goff could not read defenses (which some have directly said, and you never contest them). Or that Goff constantly struggled to read defenses (the qb of the Seattle playoff game does not fit that stereotype). And so on.

I will say it again though there are those who respond to me endlessly and never hear it. Goff was inconsistent in 2020 and struggled with some things, but he was not Wentz, and there was a lot in the situation that fueled the inconsistency, including having a qb coach who was openly impatient and openly said he had communication issues (and there is no excuse for that in a qb coach no matter who he is). All that complicates things--BUT at the same time, there is no reason for the hyperbolic narratives to exist. No one needs to defend the trade. Stafford is a good "get" and so it's all fine right now. There is absolutely no need to push these heavy-handed narratives where Goff is talked about as if he were Wentz in 2020.

There are a lot of posters here who have much better, much more balanced takes. They counter balance the hyperbolic takes. I'm with them.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Fabulous video interview of Baldy discussing why Rams got Stafford...

Rams43454June 01, 2021 01:36PM

(LOL!) Baldy Had To Bring Up The Super Bowl, Didn't He

ramBRO486June 01, 2021 02:28PM

Re: (LOL!) Baldy Had To Bring Up The Super Bowl, Didn't He

Papatrey183June 01, 2021 02:41PM

stlramz341June 01, 2021 04:46PM

Did he compare SB to regular season?

BumRap168June 01, 2021 04:59PM

Re: Did he compare SB to regular season?

Rampage2K-121June 01, 2021 05:25PM

zn151June 01, 2021 05:03PM

Experience is important

PHDram144June 01, 2021 05:31PM

ramBRO189June 01, 2021 05:43PM

which completely misses the point

zn211June 01, 2021 05:52PM

To be honest

PHDram161June 01, 2021 07:05PM