Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I know it's a common belief here...

May 31, 2021 09:07PM
JamesJM
And I think there is some truth in it.... that Goff missile-locked on Kupp. I didn't see it that way, however.

First.. Kupp is good, one of the best route runners in the game IMHO... damn right he's going to get open often.... any QB not appreciating that quality in Kupp is a damn fool, IMHO. Any QB worth his salt is going to find the open guy a high % of the time. And Goff was far from a bust or a fool.

At the same time... I saw Kupp "open" and ignored by Goff as much if not more that the rest of the WR's. I can remember many times cursing my TV because Goff didn't see Kupp either free or breaking free and I remember few times, very few, I thought "he's going to Kupp too much".

If Kupp is healthy, and playing his best, I couldn't care less how many times he goes to Kupp and gains yards. For that matter... I don't care how many times he goes to Woods, or DJ, or Tutu, or Higbee. Hit the open guy. Move the ball. Score.

I know what you mean by "missile-locked", and that's a bad quality in a QB... agreed, I just don't think it was the case with Goff and Kupp. - JamesJM

He missile locked on more than Kupp, James. Basically you see him doing that with early reads all season long. It was just more pronounced with Kupp because Goff trusted him so much on top of his problems getting through his reads.

But tbh it's not really worth arguing about. If you don't think it's a problem for him that's fine by me. But it is on the film. He doesn't do it every snap, but he's also not a guy who can consistently get through his reads. It is very clear on film who he is and that's why his value was low when the Rams cut bait. I wish the guy well and all that, but I am very, very glad he is gone because I greatly disliked reviewing our offensive film largely because of him and Blythe. Those two guys got under my skin game after game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2021 09:08PM by merlin.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

PFT on Rams: VIDEO

Ram49538May 28, 2021 11:12AM

Simms: Rams have not had a QB like this

merlin533May 28, 2021 07:56PM

Re: Merlin

leafnose292May 29, 2021 07:41AM

Re: Merlin

merlin244May 29, 2021 12:02PM

Re: A'Shawn

leafnose243June 01, 2021 06:08AM

Good question