Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Simms: Rams have not had a QB like this

May 28, 2021 07:56PM
His take on Stafford is quite good. He said he thinks it could be a special combination with him and McVay. Yeah I think that will be the case.

I think they overvalue Henderson. I think his vision is questionable. But I agree we have a stud to ride in Akers.

With WR I think they miss what a problem it is that Kupp has not been there in the playoffs. They see him and Woody as interchangeable parts which is true to some extent but Kupp has been the guy who makes the passing game go. Removing him or just him not being full go has been an enormous negative in big games. Now I do think Stafford won't be as dependent on having a guy he can missile lock onto when he's scared like Goff did. He's much more savvy at spreading the ball around. So that plus the additions this offseason plus Jefferson in year 2 tells me we have a much deeper WR corps and one that should be able to handle an injury and still not miss a beat in the passing game.

Re: having a top-ended roster that is a fair point. If we lose AD the pass rush is going to be subpar. Or it was last year more accurately and probably will be this year if that happens again. If we lose Ramsey we're in trouble, but most teams in the playoffs if you subtract their top CB they're done it's just a matter of which team will take advantage.

Re: the OL they were an average unit last year largely because of Blythe. I don't get into all the PFF nonsense when it comes to their grades, it's a reference moreso than some truth you can hang your hat on. We had one subpar performer there it was Blythe. Corbett was average. Edwards was quite good and should be better this year too, I think he's going to Pro Bowls in the near future. Hav is a run game RT plain and simple. Overall this unit does have talent this year, the issue really is Whit's age. Corbett should be fine at center because of Stafford, people don't realize how important the QB is in that equation and Stafford buys us room for error there. How good is RG going to be from our depth group? No idea but Evans may be ready. I think our line is going to be in the low teen range, that 10-14 range. They could go up if Evans or someone else kills it at RG. Or down if we lose someone to injury or RG is poor. We'll see but it's not a rarity to roll the dice a bit at certain positions you can play that game with every team.

Defensively the biggest concern is who fills 5T and can they live up to Brock. From there our depth along the DL should be better though and more stout vs the run. Next would be blindside edge and the slot, but both have guys stepping in who have been in the pipeline.

You act like the Rams have some Grand Canyon level concerns. Like you're the only one to see it. But many of us see those concerns man. Thing is we also realize that teams have to do this on their roster.

Lastly take a look at the 9ers. They're a team that has had a couple losing seasons in the past few years due to injury and questionable depth. All teams do it every season somewhere. Some get burned. Some don't. But over the past four years the Rams have had a pretty fine track record on not only injury but betting on their depth and being right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2021 07:59PM by merlin.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

PFT on Rams: VIDEO

Ram49538May 28, 2021 11:12AM

Simms: Rams have not had a QB like this

merlin532May 28, 2021 07:56PM

Re: Merlin

leafnose291May 29, 2021 07:41AM

Re: Merlin

merlin244May 29, 2021 12:02PM

Re: A'Shawn

leafnose242June 01, 2021 06:08AM

Good question