Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Watch John Wolford Doing Altitude Training: Big fan of the Wolf-man

Anonymous User
April 23, 2021 02:41PM
zn
Florida_Ram

In my eyes he had better peripheral vision and was able to read defenses better than Jared Goff.

Wolford can maybe develop, and there's nothing that says he can't, but, what I saw (and the numbers back it) he did not show much in that game as a passer. In fact the defense scored half of their points (safety, pick 6)...while the offense kicked 3 FGs, that's it.

How can you presumably read defenses better and yet have a vastly lower completion percentage (for far fewer yards per attempt). Against fewer pressures. .

zn asked: How can you presumably read defenses better and yet have a vastly lower completion percentage (for far fewer yards per attempt). Against fewer pressures?

For me it was what my eyes witnessed. Goff was a seasoned 5th year NFL QB and looked more of the same if not worse than what he put on tape in 2019.

I could be wrong but I was more impressed by Wolford in his first NFL start compared to Goff over his last 2 seasons.

McVay went with the Wolfman against the Seahawks in a crucial must win game. I know you will probably bring up Goff's thumb and more power to you for taking that stance.

I don't care about all the statistical comparisons when I'm watching a live game from a backup quarterback that won a must win game against the Cardinals.

The Wolf showed his lack of experience at Seattle was far from perfect. Goff came in and managed the game well enough to win. I applauded him for that.

Wolf showed his flaws but he didn't have 4 years of experience under McVay.

Goff showed many of the same problems he displayed in at the end of 2018 and his performance 2019.

I'm on board with McVay putting his chips on the table starting Wolford at Seattle.

Stats are strong telling points but I believe McVay would've chosen Wolf over Goff if they were both healthy when the playoffs began.

We will never know if McVay would've started Goff at Seattle had he not broken his thumb.

Regardless of what we think, who cares now. History is in the books.

McVay moved on from Goff and that is final telling moment of what he thought of him long term.

Statistics are not facts. A coach trading his young quarterback for an older one with less accomplishments tells me all I need to know.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Watch: John Wolford Is In Colombia Doing Altitude Training On A Soccer Field

BerendsenRam664April 22, 2021 09:45AM

Re: Watch: John Wolford Is In Colombia Doing Altitude Training On A Soccer Field

Rampage2K-397April 22, 2021 10:19AM

Re: Watch: John Wolford Is In Colombia Doing Altitude Training On A Soccer Field

BerendsenRam264April 22, 2021 10:34AM

nicecatchellard391April 22, 2021 11:02AM

What he needs to practice is sliding

merlin306April 22, 2021 12:41PM

Re: What he needs to practice is sliding

BerendsenRam208April 22, 2021 01:46PM

Watch John Wolford Doing Altitude Training: Big fan of the Wolf-man

Anonymous User397April 22, 2021 01:55PM

BerendsenRam444April 22, 2021 02:38PM

zn206April 22, 2021 07:35PM