Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NFC West QB situation 2021 and beyond by unclesams...

April 07, 2021 07:53AM
Here’s unclesams...

Looking at the four teams in the NFC West right now, by this time next year this division can possibly go from the best division in the NFL to an absolute one sided one. Lets start with the Rams, acquiring Matthew Stafford. There arent any more excuses for the Rams at this point because despite Jared Goff taking the Rams to the Superbowl, I must agree myself that Goff had a sharp decline over the past two seasons and threw some of the worse interceptions I've ever seen in my 44 years as a Rams fan. Goff took a very sharp decline last season. Stafford should bring fear to the teams that didnt fear Goff at all and the Rams should be a 13 win team in 2021. Rams should be in the Superbowl in 2021.

The 49ers in my opinion are going into the season with a rookie QB Mac Jones at the helm and Garrappolo will be released. No one is going to give the 49ers nothing north of a 5th or 6th round pick for Garrappolo and in all honesty because of his salary, I think they will flat out have to release him instead as no one is going to take on Garrappolo $23 million dollar salary this season when he may only play 4 or 5 games before throwing a ton of interceptions or get hurt. In my opinion, if the 49ers draft Mac Jones, I feel that will be the beginning of the end for Kyle Shanahan. Only 29 wins in 4 seasons and only one winning season in those 4 years. Not impressed at all with Shanahan thus far and they may end up a 6 or 7 win team this year with Mac Jones at QB and looking for a new coach in 2022.

The Seahawks with Russell Wilson seem to always find a way to win double digit games despite that team not really being that good. We all know the Seahawks without Russell Wilson is probably a 5 or 6 win team at best. I feel this is Russell Wilson last season in Seattle regardless of what happens on the field. Let's face it, the Seahawks arent winning the Superbowl as that team is not Superbowl caliber even with Russell Wilson. They lost some key pieces that they wont recover from and the defense will definitely regress this year. The one and done playoff game against the Rams last year probably put the dagger in the Seahawks moving forward.

The Cardinals are at a crossroads themselves because let's face it, Cliff Kingsbury is exactly what he was in college. He was a sub 500 winning coach in college and hes a sub 500 winning coach in Arizona and that isnt going to change. I like Kyler Murray but In my opinion hes not going to be a winning QB in the NFL. He doesnt have the physical tools and by him running the football all the time as small as he is, hes going to stay injured. I dont think Kingsbury will be the coach in Arizona after this season and who ever takes over may keep Kyler Murray for a season more, but then he will be gone too.

The Rams may be the only team standing with some continuity and team organization in the NFC West for many years to come. Stafford and McVay are the key to this puzzle and if those two can put together multiple seasons like McVay did in 2018, the Rams should win multiple Superbowls in the near future.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

NFC West QB situation 2021 and beyond by unclesams...

Rams43486April 07, 2021 07:53AM

I disagree that Shanahan is on the hot seat but...

RantoulRam240April 07, 2021 08:07AM

Re: I disagree that Shanahan is on the hot seat but...

zn231April 07, 2021 08:23AM

Re: NFC West QB situation 2021 and beyond by unclesams...

Ekern55146April 08, 2021 08:27AM

Re: NFC West QB situation 2021 and beyond by unclesams...

Ekern55131April 08, 2021 11:20AM

What teams are scared of Stafford?

BumRap182April 08, 2021 05:37PM

The near future of this division is Rams vs 9ers

merlin282April 09, 2021 06:46AM

Re: The near future of this division is Rams vs 9ers

Rams43151April 09, 2021 06:56AM

merlin326April 09, 2021 07:05AM

Rams43156April 09, 2021 07:09AM