Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: My problem with Trade and Fans that dump on Goff

February 01, 2021 10:36AM
I feel all of you are Ram fans. I get anxious and upset when a turnover is made because that is the real crux of Goff's failures that can be laid at his feet. Same with Wentz. You must protect the ball but when Goff was not turning over the ball he certainly had bad throws like in Miami. Was the defense confusing him and our WRs because he had that look in that game. I have to say all along over the past 2 years I have seen TO aside that McVay was not coming up with great game plans or would be very inconsistent in his play calls. The Miami game this year highlighted that McVay also had struggles and if patience is needed for him with his inconsistent run game, I am not going to be fooled by the running yards per game as many pundants and fans may think are true but just the revolving door weekly with the running game can disrupt the rhythm of the QB. I do believe something needed to change. Oftentimes we were forcing the run even when it was not getting us the first downs which you have to do if that is your identity but then we would abandon the run as soon as it appeared to activate something else and teams were setting us up. They knew what they needed to do. We were throwing very shallow and short passes to our primary WRs also allowing Defenses to play close to LOS and stay infront of us. We were slow to integrate Jefferson into our offense. We added no speed element there and so Goffs focus became more narrow.

I think McVay's ego and Jared's robotic affliction to do as he was told contributed and then his confidence was impacted. We did see that he can rebound. I remember Philip Rivers having some seasons with horrible turnovers and multiples game killing drives and losing games but I have seen him rebound as well . You play long enough you get better if you are good. Jared is good he should get better.

Jared Goff is very young and we forget or think because of his early success that he has a lot of things to learn. I have seen some young QBs accomplish alot early and still not make a SB. Ask Andrew Luck and he was considered a Football savant. What happened to RG3? So there are no guarantees but I also remind myself Aaron Rogers had to wait 5 years and there is not guarantee if he had started earlier he would have been better. Being young and successful early does not make you grow faster.

McVay I believe has probably helped Jared in this move but not sure how much we have been helped. likely some fans are more impatient. It is what it is but I only get irritated when the standards of criticism are one-sided and not discussed with any objectivity. Look I am not expecting to change views but I have to clarify mine because I have the time to do so today. I don't respond to every post I disagree with or that disagrees with me. I don't always respond if a particular post opens my mind and alters or changes my view a bit. I do appreciate your question and I was the same way when KW was jettisoned, I hate that this organization is not building with some of the 1st round picks we have casually let go and still did not sign the player we traded for. I don't want to rent a Superbowl. Build a Superbowl contender. Perhap I am old school in that regard because that is a process. Perhaps I am being too altruistic and applying my idealistic views on a scenario that is not ideal. Its not ideal for us to be in this decision but a decision needed to be made. Rams made a decision let's hope it works out.

Los Angeles Rams

Rap on.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My problem with Trade and Fans that dump on Goff_ final

BumRap454February 01, 2021 09:46AM

roman18194February 01, 2021 10:03AM

BumRap197February 01, 2021 10:36AM

roman18155February 01, 2021 10:50AM

Re: Then more personnel changes necessary