Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Want to see something freaky? Martz/McVay

January 18, 2021 08:38PM
Rampage2K-
You gotta remember Kurt himself admitted he wasn't ready for the NFL out of college and was scared to take a snap in Green Bay traincamp....he needed that seasoning of Arena ball and NFL Europe before he made the jump. Playing QB in NFL ain't easy..... Warner was special though, I remember watching his first preseason game start after the Green injury at some OC sports bar vs the Lions and some Lions fans asking "who the f--- is this guy!?" I was grinning ear to ear watching that game like wow!

Btw, you could put up Goff's game logs with pretty much all of those QB's in their first five years and be shocked to see Goff has better stats and ratings then most of them and the same inconsistency as most of them too.

Holt was recently quoted saying you just look at Goff's numbers and winning percentage and he is on a HoF trajectory..... he's not the bum some think he is
Yes, I recall Warner's story and he was probably right that the wasn't ready. He only really played one full season of lower college ball at UNI. But, he was conference player of the year that year. He was also the top player at every level after that. NFLE, AFL and NFL. But after just one year of lower level college ball, it's understandable that he hadn't yet developed the confidence to feel comfortable alongside Favre, Brunnel and Detmer.

I was just as disappointed when Green went down that preseason but for whatever reason, I knew just enough about Kurt Warner from all the non-NFL stuff I had watched. I really did have a "why not this guy" feeling from the beginning. Not league MVP expectations but I remembered the guy named after the Seattle RB from the NFLE. They had a few guys playing with names that sounded like other NFL greats. I thought it was some kind of gimmick or something. Seems like there was a DD Lewis...can't remember the others. But I know I scoffed when I saw "K"urt Warner(instead of Curt). I watched him play some but honeslty, I was following the Reign Fire more closely as they seemed to have the most Rams at the time.

Anyway, with Goff's cumulative numbers over the first 5 years I think we have to look at trajectory. He has been on a steady downward path compared to whichever names you want to use for comparison if I had to guess. Plus, we have to be careful of era. Guys now have it much different and in many ways easier than guys from the past. Especially pre-2000. Hell, Manning and Brady had the rules changed to favor QB and had it much easier than Warner. So, how do Goff's numbers compare to more of his contemporaries?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Want to see something freaky? Martz/McVay

Ram49694January 18, 2021 06:13PM

Paco70173January 18, 2021 06:47PM

Rampage2K-185January 18, 2021 06:51PM

moklerman163January 18, 2021 06:55PM

Rampage2K-156January 18, 2021 07:01PM

moklerman116January 18, 2021 07:09PM

Rampage2K-107January 18, 2021 07:24PM

moklerman97January 18, 2021 08:01PM

Rampage2K-93January 18, 2021 08:19PM

dzrams96January 18, 2021 08:26PM

Rampage2K-88January 18, 2021 08:46PM

Re: That's not shocking...

dzrams117January 18, 2021 09:23PM

moklerman83January 18, 2021 08:38PM

Headslap75112January 18, 2021 08:03PM

moklerman89January 18, 2021 08:21PM

I hope this doesn't mean one more Playoff season followed by...........

Ramgator88January 19, 2021 03:32AM

Re: I hope this doesn't mean one more Playoff season followed by...........

Ekern55115January 19, 2021 07:57AM