Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: McVay's grwoth is how he is managing the team..."We are a totally different team"

December 11, 2020 04:24PM
Rampage2K-
moklerman
I don't know, Aikman isn't sniping at the Rams. He has often professed his fandom of the team and IMO, has called Rams games with a slight bias in their favor. Which stands out since so many other commentators seem to do the opposite. Aikman is one of the few out there that is on the Rams side so i don't think he was being lazy with his comments. He seems to have studied film on the Rams at least to some degree. I don't agree that he is just regurgitating cursory generalizations.

In any case, call it what you want, McVay has had to reign in and restrict Goff to some degree. Yes, he had a ton of attempts against AZ but they were not attempts that suggest that he has confidence in Goff being safe with the ball and making good decisions. Goff is being insulated right now and it's because he has to be. McVay is working around Goff's shortcomings more than he is trusting Goff and expanding his responsibilities. McVay has a QB who can dink and dunk, throw quickly and generally accurately but he does not have a QB that can currently handle all the responsibilities or be trusted to protect the ball or get it into the end zone.

Goff does some things well and McVay is trying to utilize those things. But I don't think we can see McVay's full offense the way Goff has struggled.

This is a myth ...perpetuated by some of the media....he threw it 47 times the week before because we needed to and he was almost 80% comp rate.

Last night was a perfect example of a bizarre comment by Aikman ...under six minutes left in game on 1st and 15 from our own 25 )after he got us off the goal line with the 21 yard strike to Kupp on 2nd and 21) Goff threw a perfect pass to Woods on a 20 yard out near the sideline and Woods flat out drops it..... Aikman a few seconds later says "that's one Goff wishes he could have back...Woods was wide open there" I'm like WTF??? It couldn't have been thrown better as it hit Woods in the chest and they show no replay and somehow Aikman puts that on Goffconfused smiley
I couldn't tell what happened on the play for sure. It looked like he should have caught it on first viewing but I don't know what Aikman saw or if he got a replay up in the booth.

Regardless, you act as if Aikman has an agenda to make Goff look bad and I just don't agree. Also, it is not a myth to say that Goff was protected by the playcalling against the Cardinals. While it's true he threw it a lot, they were short, safe passes as evidenced by the YPA and AYT(air yards traveled). Goff is being reigned in and they are keeping his responsibilities down to a minimum, even taking the ball out of his hands at times. If McVay can keep winning games that way, that's fine.

I just don't see how anyone is happy with such an anemic passing game. It is certainly constricting what McVay can call and/or design. Goff has the most turnovers since the beginning of '19 and McVay has to work around that.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay's grwoth is how he is managing the team..."We are a totally different team"

BumRap595December 11, 2020 07:58AM

They really are

merlin224December 11, 2020 09:37AM

I could not be more excited.

BumRap162December 11, 2020 10:01AM

Re: McVay's grwoth is how he is managing the team..."We are a totally different team"

Rampage2K-270December 11, 2020 10:18AM

Re: Rams can win in many different ways...

oldschoolramfan125December 11, 2020 10:27AM

Re: Taking a page out of the Patriots playbook.

BumRap118December 11, 2020 01:41PM

THAT'S the key point: Rams will legit win in several ways

Suh-weet!160December 11, 2020 12:19PM

Re: happy to subordinate their individual egos to team success

BumRap132December 11, 2020 01:39PM

A good RB needs a minimum of 20 carries

BumRap130December 11, 2020 01:37PM

In defense of Aikman

stlramz136December 11, 2020 04:51PM

moklerman123December 11, 2020 10:41AM

Rampage2K-136December 11, 2020 01:30PM

moklerman133December 11, 2020 04:24PM

moklerman said "I don't think we can see McVay's full offense"

Anonymous User139December 11, 2020 01:38PM

Re: moklerman said "I don't think we can see McVay's full offense"

moklerman189December 11, 2020 04:34PM

Rams43116December 11, 2020 12:50PM

BerendsenRam120December 11, 2020 01:56PM

Should mcvay stay as rams hc?

PHDram153December 11, 2020 07:00PM

Re: Should mcvay stay as rams hc?

BerendsenRam170December 11, 2020 09:07PM