Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McVay's grwoth is how he is managing the team..."We are a totally different team"

December 11, 2020 07:58AM
Many will take advantage in the media and on the board to rush to conclude that McVays play calling and scheming is showing that he has no confidence in Goff or trying to take the ball out of Jareds hand. A classic example was Aikman chiming in time and time again to regurgitate some of the same cliches that sour fans and media were floating. I don't think it occurs to them that Jared threw a lot of balls versus the Cards and our run game was less dominant for the past 2 weeks. The great surprise to the Patriots probably was that we were able and willing to commit to the run. Goff is secure and coming along fine. As Coach said "We are a totally different team". Goff is coming back on a short week from that throwing output and there is a lot of physicality in those games when a QB is chucking the ball over the place. Rest is important and McVay prudently did not as Goff to do more than necessary. It only makes sense and has very little to do with trusting a player. Akers was limited vs Cards so he was fresh option given his prior time off for injury as well. A perfect setup. As I review the whole game and scenario I see brilliance in McVays approach.

I have not always agreed with his play calls or game plan but I do see him learning from mistakes and being willing to slow down and take wins while doggedly trying to improve the big picture. As a result we may only appreciate this in hindsight. Goff doubters are not wrong to doubt when they see playas not working but they are not always right when their ultimate conclusion is that Jared Goff is not the answer. I certify that he is as good and answer as there is currently available. He is willing to bow to the win and unphased by weekly challenges of the growing pains that are encountered in his developing in a developing system. "We are a totally different team"

We have restructured our Defense. We have built a differ style of running game and we need to continue to produce at a higher level. We are not perfect when 1 dimensional in our approach. We do not always execute our blocking scheme, passing and we are not a team that passes deep anymore but we are configured for the plays we run and simply need to continue to get better. We had very little offseason and with COVID impacted practices most will continue to think of it as excuses for uneven performance but as coach said "We are a totally different team". So bad plays and uneven play calls that seem to be a waste or poorly conceived are going to continue but the expectation is they will be more successful and the goal is that our execution will continue to progress so that these plays and concepts will improve as our prospects improve. Did I say "We are a totally different team"?

Perhaps we do have a deep game in our future but with the goal to be a team that can beat you in any way possible and control the clock and dominate late in the year. Well it is hard to know what our goals are but its clear to understand what we are doing when we understand what we have and what we do best and where we are trying to improve. The deep ball has become less of our focus to get better so clearly. "We are a totally different team"

Lastnights game plan despite some of our lack of offensive production in the 4th qtr was a brilliant called game and in the long run we protected our players and we played to win and won. Sean McVay is become totally different Coach. He is thankfully growing.

Los Angeles Rams

Rap on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2020 08:51AM by BumRap.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay's grwoth is how he is managing the team..."We are a totally different team"

BumRap594December 11, 2020 07:58AM

They really are

merlin224December 11, 2020 09:37AM

I could not be more excited.

BumRap162December 11, 2020 10:01AM

Re: McVay's grwoth is how he is managing the team..."We are a totally different team"

Rampage2K-269December 11, 2020 10:18AM

Re: Rams can win in many different ways...

oldschoolramfan124December 11, 2020 10:27AM

Re: Taking a page out of the Patriots playbook.

BumRap118December 11, 2020 01:41PM

THAT'S the key point: Rams will legit win in several ways

Suh-weet!160December 11, 2020 12:19PM

Re: happy to subordinate their individual egos to team success

BumRap132December 11, 2020 01:39PM

A good RB needs a minimum of 20 carries

BumRap130December 11, 2020 01:37PM

In defense of Aikman

stlramz136December 11, 2020 04:51PM

Re: McVay's grwoth is how he is managing the team..."We are a totally different team"

moklerman123December 11, 2020 10:41AM

Rampage2K-136December 11, 2020 01:30PM

moklerman133December 11, 2020 04:24PM

moklerman said "I don't think we can see McVay's full offense"

Anonymous User139December 11, 2020 01:38PM

Re: moklerman said "I don't think we can see McVay's full offense"

moklerman189December 11, 2020 04:34PM

Rams43116December 11, 2020 12:50PM

BerendsenRam120December 11, 2020 01:56PM

Should mcvay stay as rams hc?

PHDram153December 11, 2020 07:00PM

Re: Should mcvay stay as rams hc?

BerendsenRam170December 11, 2020 09:07PM