Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Buscaglia and Kapadia on Goff

December 08, 2020 07:40AM
This is very informative analysis and helps with knowing how to move forward with Goff. There are also several things here that posters on this board have been saying for years.

The numbers indicate that Goff struggles most against interior pressure. I know Deadpool has been saying this since the end of 2018.

Goff doesn't always collapse against pressure. This has been Zn's mantra.

I, Max, Speed, and others here, have been saying that pressure negatively impacts him more than almost every other starter. Last year I posted some research that showed the exact same thing as two things mentioned here: 1) his QB rating over several years when under pressure was in the 55-60 range which is the territory of backup QBs. That's consistent with the 29th ranking noted here; and 2) his QB rating when under pressure versus not pressured is one of the highest disparities compared to other starting QBs.

My takeaways in moving forward:

1) They need a new Center. The goal should be to get the interior pass blocking to at least above average. Blythe is a better run blocker than he is in pass pro. Per PFF, this year he's 73.2 in run blocking and an average 63.6 in pass blocking. Looking at 2019, he was poor in pass protection at the center position.

Neither Corbett or Edwards are good at pass protection but they are both young and improving. And neither are impending free agents that will require a good chunk of money like Blythe.

2) Goff needs another year. My patience is wearing thin with him but they mention a huge encouraging sign. He's improved this year against the blitz which suggests that he can improve in his remaining severe weakness of facing interior pressure.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Buscaglia and Kapadia on Goff

max479December 08, 2020 06:26AM

zn216December 08, 2020 06:41AM

max178December 08, 2020 07:22AM

good response

zn138December 08, 2020 08:05AM

Re: Buscaglia and Kapadia on Goff--good job ZN

Steve142December 08, 2020 07:56AM

Re: Sounds about right to me