Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Buscaglia and Kapadia on Goff

December 08, 2020 06:41AM
max
Opponents can negatively impact Goff by getting him to change his footwork and, at times, forcing him to make a reckless decision because he lacks the elusiveness to evade tackles and is so averse to taking sacks.

In other words, he presses.

I've been saying that since the bad games that appeared in 2018.

And I've also been saying that the idea he is always bad under pressure is false too.

I am not the least bit interested in the whole "be pro Goff or be anti Goff" thing. I find it boring. I think it leads to pointless clashes where people just caricature what they think they're arguing against.

I am the MOST interested in just having an accurate picture.

And yes he presses, though nothing says he always will, and yes he can often come through under pressure though he doesn't do it often enough to calm the doubters down.

In terms of not being a great improviser, yeah. But then neither is someone like Brees. That is not necessarily a fatal flaw.

And as Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers have both shown this year, all qbs have flaws.

To me the question is more how much will JG keep growing and developing. Not everyone believes he will, but I have not seen anything yet that makes me think he can't.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Buscaglia and Kapadia on Goff

max479December 08, 2020 06:26AM

zn216December 08, 2020 06:41AM

max179December 08, 2020 07:22AM

good response

zn138December 08, 2020 08:05AM

Re: Buscaglia and Kapadia on Goff--good job ZN

Steve143December 08, 2020 07:56AM

Re: Sounds about right to me