Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

John Fassel Should be Getting More of the Blame.

November 27, 2020 03:41AM
Mike McCarthy allowed it, but I'm sure Bones talked him into it and it was the worst fake punt I've ever seen. A Fake Punt is to take a team by surprise, that play took far too long to develop and should have been left in the iPad and then deleted. I like Fassel, still believe he's a fine special team coach, but his strength is becoming his weakness as he's getting too caught up in his designs and it did not play well yesterday.

Now maybe part of the reason Fassel moved on was because McVay wanted to reign him in a bit and McCarthy told Fassel he would be more open to fakes, where McVay wanted to dial it back a bit and Fassel felt it was time to move on. Overall, the onside kick against Atlanta worked well, but an Assistant is also there to protect the Head Coach from himself and when McCarthy asked about a fake punt, sometimes if you to tell the Head Coach, it's not there. Overall, Fassel is still highly thought after and his unit has been solid, but Fassel needs to be a tad careful to not allow his strength to become his weakness and all of sudden being known as the "Wacky" Special Team Coach as you never would have seen anything like that from Dave Toub and McCarthy is taking all of the heat for it.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Coach Bones with ill advised fake punt

RamsDynasty252November 26, 2020 02:15PM

Re: Coach Bones with ill advised fake punt

BerendsenRam109November 27, 2020 12:01AM

me too....I love it the aggression....

SunTzu_vs_Camus91November 27, 2020 03:00AM

Re: me too....I love it the aggression....

Leoram90November 27, 2020 03:23AM

John Fassel Should be Getting More of the Blame.

den-the-coach141November 27, 2020 03:41AM