Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some thoughts while its fresh in my head

October 18, 2020 07:46PM
1. Staley was hired because McVay wanted a DC that would alter the game plan depending on the team. Well, tonight he sat in a soft zone with the thought to pressure Garrops with the front 4. It didn't work, but he never adapted. He is young, and new, and he will learn. But tonight was a rough learning experience. That said, SF did nothing in the 2nd half.

2. McVay made 1 really bad decision tonight when it was 2nd and goal from the 1 and after running the ball down their throats the whole drive, passed the ball 3 times. That was the ball game.

3. Goffs trajectory to me looks like a Flacco or Stafford type. Good, top 12 qb good, but not a guy that will put an offense on his back and carry it. He is still too inconsistent for my taste. And not game to game, its from drive to drive.

4. The rams have a talent issue. This is why I hate trading away multiple 1st round picks.
A) LB - the Rams have zero talent inside. Kiser is ok, but not rangey enough and lacks instincts in space. At OLB, Floyd is not the answer and outside of a rookie, not much else.
cool smiley DL - its literally AD and nothing else. Combine that with no edge rush and its gonna take a heck of a scheme to generate pressure against good OLs.
C) still need to work on the interior line. I like Edwards, but not at LG, Blythe is ok at best and I just don't like Corbett.

5. JJ3 is off this year. Doesn't matter. between Rapp, Burgess, fuller and jj, that position is set.

6. Was Akers a healthy scratch or what did I miss?

7. I think this team is a middle of the road team that beat up on inferior competition and will struggle against the big boys. But the good news is, the NFL is littered with middle of the road teams and a playoff spot should be very obtainable and as the season goes along, I expect Staley to improve.

Getting Robinson and Akers and Fuller and Lewis up to speed and in the lineup would go along ways to improving both sides of the ball. Not to mention getting Jefferson more involved as the year goes on.

8.I won't go to deep into the draft, because I'm enjoying the season. But ILB should be 1a, 1b and 1c on their list of draft priorities along with an OC. Still would somehow love to get Creed Humphrey from Oklahoma. Love his attitude as an OC.

9. One last thing. This team is kinda rebuilding on the fly with the departures of Cooks, Gurley and Fowler. So its gonna take time. I would stress patience and temper expectations.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some thoughts while its fresh in my head

Deadpool594October 18, 2020 07:46PM

Akers

21Dog382October 18, 2020 07:50PM

Re: Some thoughts while its fresh in my head

BC Ramsfan262October 18, 2020 07:52PM

stlramz232October 18, 2020 07:57PM

4 and 9 really stand out to me.

Ram_Ruler268October 18, 2020 07:53PM