Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

much TBD on the OL

August 25, 2020 05:25AM
I think a lot is still up in the air with the OL- both individually (who starts) and as a group (how/when they mesh). Both important.

As far as the running game goes I think Havenstein and Blythe are two critical components. As pointed out, Havenstein has always been a stronger run blocker than pass blocker and his ability to get back to 2017 and 2018 (and 2015) form is critical. With Blythe, I am in the camp of thinking his ability to make line calls and work with Goff are important. And what he did for them at center in 7 starts last year would be fine in 2020 if other pieces on the OL also step forward. Maybe both were hampered by injuries in 2019 that factored in. Health is always a big plus on the OL....

Still not sure what we'll see in Noteboom. It's great that he's out there, has seemingly earned starter reps to this point, is in great shape (if he lost 15 lbs. what does he weigh now?). I still think he has "tackle feet" but his ability to move as a LG (maybe why he lost some weight) while also being stronger is the combination we need. We'll see if he indeed has that.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Beatin the horse that ain't dead: O Line

Steve377August 24, 2020 11:40PM

Re: Beatin the horse that ain't dead: O Line

AlbaNY_Ram132August 25, 2020 04:54AM

much TBD on the OL

LMU93128August 25, 2020 05:25AM

To be fair to Blythe...

Rams43149August 25, 2020 06:19AM