Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I sure hope it's the case.

August 03, 2020 09:27AM
RockRam

<snipped>

But, for contract and financial purposes, many are probably willing to take the risk and go through the motions. Winning is not necessarily that important.

Question: I know that in your post, you specifically mentioned players and coaches. But I'm wondering if you're including the owners in this as well?

The reason I ask is that, to a certain degree, I think there are some players who will have the virus at the forefront of their minds (and I wouldn't necessarily blame them). But this could be for any number of reasons. For example, I'm wondering if, for some, the virus might be at the forefront of their minds because of the protocols agreed to by owners and NFLPA?

On its face, the NFL's Covid-19 protocols appear to be similar to that of MLB's (i.e. no "bubble"winking smiley. And we've already seen what's happened to MLB so early into its season. I've no doubt that something similar will likely happen in the NFL - and the players/coaches see it (with some of them having it at the forefront of their minds).

Contrast this with the NBA who have their players/coaches/personnel in a tightly-regulated (and very expensive to run) bubble. Though some may not like it, I suspect that most of them have a greater sense of confidence in their protocols than their counterparts in MLB and the NFL. As a result, I suspect that a greater percentage of NBA players will be able to focus on competing. BTW...I fully expect that there will positive tests in the NBA, but just contained better.

Unless "winning is not necessarily that important" to the owners (or, at least, not AS important as collecting that TV check), I'm wondering why they didn't insist on putting the players/coaches/staffs in a similar bubble to ensure they maximize the efforts of their employees?

Hmmmm...what on earth could be the reason?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Virus risk mitigation, not winning, seems to be the NFL order of the day

RockRam437August 03, 2020 02:40AM

Re: Virus risk mitigation, not winning, seems to be the NFL order of the day

socalmab238August 03, 2020 05:16AM

zn149August 03, 2020 05:23AM

socalmab157August 03, 2020 05:48AM

zn129August 03, 2020 07:04AM

I sure hope it's the case.

RockRam178August 03, 2020 08:14AM

Ramsdude191August 03, 2020 08:27AM

zn131August 03, 2020 08:43AM

The issue is level of play, and no the teams aren't clones

RockRam199August 03, 2020 09:17AM

Re: The issue is level of play, and no the teams aren't clones

waterfield118August 03, 2020 10:02AM

Re: The issue is level of play, and no the teams aren't clones

zn176August 03, 2020 10:53AM

ramBRO127August 03, 2020 09:27AM

Hard to disagree with any of that. (nm)

RockRam118August 03, 2020 10:42AM

players find a way, including competing over who is the best covid prevention team

zn120August 03, 2020 01:27PM