Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I’m really thinking that OL might be Job One this offseason...

February 08, 2019 03:38AM
A lot depends on Safford. If he is resigned I can see spending one of the 3rd rounders on the OL if there is value we could use another prospect. If Safford leaves I would see Noteboom taking his position and we will certainly need another good developmental prospect to backfill him.

Free Agency will tell dictate what we do. If we lose Joyner, Fowler and Suh and cut Barron that leaves a lot of holes on defense. The strength of the draft is defense so I would suspect we would take advantage our need on defense and the strength of the draft. Now if we don't cut Barron and resign Suh and Fowler then we will not have any screaming holes to fill OL may become an option as there is some talented OL prospects that are supposed to be there when we draft.

Still I suspect defense will be our number one concern. I don't expect us to be big players in the Free Agent market other than resigning our own players. Of course Snead is not exactly predictable so who knows. The draft is stacked with defensive players and I suspect we will lose a few starters so I think that is where we go in the draft for the first 3 rounds as value and need match up well.

The other thing is I do not have a clue what the Rams think about the young players they acquired last year that didn't get on the field much. Noteboom, Allen and Myers seem to be valued but how much and OBO and Kiser, Kelly, Joseph and the others I have no clue about. Do they see some potential starters in that group? Is OBO a legitimate replacement for Fowler or Kiser fo Barron based on their evaluations? Is Myers ready to start next year alongside Brockers and Donald? I am sure we all have a bunch of uninformed opinions but the Snead and the coaching staff have a good idea if those potential replacements are like to be ready for action or only project to be special teams players or worse busts. My point is that there may be good replacements right here on the roster that will be ready to contribute come next season. That unknown variable changes the equation on what Snead/McVay see as our most pressing needs.

Last year all you could really say is that we were unpredictable in how the roster was constructed. I suspect we will go all out again next year on building the roster for the here and now. I think the free agency period will tell us a lot.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I’m really thinking that OL might be Job One this offseason...

Rams43563February 07, 2019 11:11AM

LoboRam248February 07, 2019 11:41AM

Re: agree, hate our right interior....

spagsbacker246February 07, 2019 11:56AM

David Deacon181February 08, 2019 03:38AM

Sullivan/center is THE big question mark

LMU93242February 08, 2019 03:53AM

Re: Sullivan/center is THE big question mark

zn252February 08, 2019 04:11AM

Re: Sullivan/center is THE big question mark

LMU93166February 08, 2019 06:42AM

if Blythe is overpowered at times at guard........

21Dog205February 08, 2019 05:24AM

Re: if Blythe is overpowered at times at guard........

LoboRam231February 08, 2019 05:59AM

So right

NewMexicoRam225February 08, 2019 04:27AM

AlbaNY_Ram127February 09, 2019 06:56AM

Rams43141February 09, 2019 08:26AM