Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I’m really thinking that OL might be Job One this offseason...

February 07, 2019 11:11AM
Please, hear me out.

We all saw what happened in the SB. That was the source of our woes on O, I think.

Yeah, they had just won an OL award the previous day. So what? Our OL’s poor performance neutered Goff, Gurley, and our general passing game. It turned out to be catastrophic since the consequence was that a very winnable game was lost despite a magnificent performance by our D. THREE points? Are you kidding me?

Here’s my take...

If Whit stays, we’re in pretty good shape at LT. In fact, I’m kinda optimistic about Boom there as a starter if Whit leaves. I don’t see a real big problem at LT at this point. That’s huge.

Saffold is now a “must have”, IMO. They’ve just gotta extend him and all indications are that he’s willing. Make that happen, Les!

Sully seems kinda iffy to me as our starting C. Really, it’s just a question of when, not if, don’t you think? Love his experience and leadership, but maybe it’s time for a change. But is Allen an upgrade? Does his technique and aggression overcome his size? Or is he ideal for Kromer’s ZB? Or is Blythe our C upgrade? I dunno. One thing I do know, however, is that an excellent C is absolutely necessary to make our O an effective unit. So, how do you place a value on that? Huge priority at C, IMO. Kromer’s gotta get this one right.

RG is now a bit of a question mark, too, after watching that SB. Especially if Kromer decides to move Blythe over to C. Is RG not then a very high priority? I would sure think so. Draft? FA?

I love Hav at RT. We’re set there for years. That extension was a brilliant decision.

So, to summarize, we have question marks at 4 of the 5 OL starting positions at this point. Gonna be interesting to see how those dominoes fall. S&M plus Kromer have simply got to get this right.

Because if they don’t, all other moves might be academic.

I’m sure that S&M are miles ahead of me on this. I also feel strongly that they have already formed multiple contingency plans to address all of the above. And then some. Lol.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I’m really thinking that OL might be Job One this offseason...

Rams43562February 07, 2019 11:11AM

Re: I’m really thinking that OL might be Job One this offseason...

LoboRam248February 07, 2019 11:41AM

Re: agree, hate our right interior....

spagsbacker246February 07, 2019 11:56AM

David Deacon181February 08, 2019 03:38AM

Sullivan/center is THE big question mark

LMU93242February 08, 2019 03:53AM

Re: Sullivan/center is THE big question mark

zn252February 08, 2019 04:11AM

Re: Sullivan/center is THE big question mark

LMU93166February 08, 2019 06:42AM

if Blythe is overpowered at times at guard........

21Dog205February 08, 2019 05:24AM

Re: if Blythe is overpowered at times at guard........

LoboRam231February 08, 2019 05:59AM

So right

NewMexicoRam225February 08, 2019 04:27AM

AlbaNY_Ram126February 09, 2019 06:56AM

Rams43140February 09, 2019 08:26AM