Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: More like this + this...

February 28, 2018 10:45AM
Agent: OK. Sammy is a great player as a true #1 WR and we want $15 mil per year.

Rams: Too much. The numbers don't lie. They say he doesn't match an AJ Hill or Julius Jones to warrant us paying your guy like them.

Agent: Numbers DO lie and you know that. Coaches know numbers lie, so do scouts and all other football people. so don't try amateur fantasy-football tactics.

Rams: You're right, where were we?

Agent: We were at the point where we ask for $15 mil per year. You had the #1 scoring offense in the league, Sammy was a huge part of that. Do you really think it wise to take a huge step backwards?

Rams: Well, Woods and Kupp caught more passes for more yards. In fact, so did Todd Gurley.

Agent: That's because Sammy opened up everything underneath for him by always taking the #1 CB and attracting safety help. Oh and BTW, if you wanna talk production, who was your by far biggest RZ weapon? Do you really want to lose that when RZ efficiency is already a weakness?

Rams: Well, we're really excited about Josh Reynolds and Everett. Reynolds will be the deep threat and both of them should help in the RZ.

Agent: (Chuckle) Those are nice boys and all, but do you really want your 2018 SB hopes resting on a couple of 2nd year players who flashed a bit? You and I both know you're not winning anything if you don't improve on RZ efficiency next year.

Rams: Look, we like your guy and want to keep him but he's not the only one on the planet with his skill set. We've got back up plans in mind.

Agent: Really!!? Who? The FA market at WR is crap. The draft isn't deep this year. Stop pretending there is someone else out there who can replace his skill set.

Rams: Well, we still don't like the production. Three other receivers caught more passes for more yards.

Agent: That's because he didn't get in a full training camp with the Rams. McVay has already acknowledged that was a big factor and he could have utilized his skill set better.

Rams: He's a vet. He should have been able to pick up the playbook and his assignments quickly.

Agent: Maybe. People learn at different rates. But that's in the past. The important thing is, he's going into his 2nd season and knows the offense now. Instead of starting over with a new guy with an inferior skill set, you keep your #1 offense humming with Sammy which allows you to build further on that or focus on the D this off season.

Rams: McVay's offense is not designed to emphasize one WR. The ball will be spread around. So your guy would need to be OK with a role as our #1 WO Receiver, but there's no guarantees that he would lead the team in catches in any particular season nor will the ball be force feed to him.

Agent: Sure. He's already said he's fine with that. He likes the city, he likes the team, he's excited that you're building a winner. You know what we're asking for. What's your offer? And let's not play games: I need a starting offer with at least 8 digits or I'm hanging up and taking my client to San Francisco.

Rams: Eh, we see his value more equal with Robert Woods.

Agent: Opposing defenses sure didn't. Go back and look at the film and tell me how many times DC's opted to doubly my client and single cover Woods. I gotta tell you, I'm pretty confident that there's already two or three teams willing to get close to my number. I'll give you 24 hours to come back with a strong counter. Your chances for SB 2019 may be riding on this.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Watkins negotiating position versus the Rams

RockRam573February 28, 2018 02:18AM

Re: Watkins negotiating position versus the Rams

Rampage2K-148February 28, 2018 07:40AM

More like this

Blue and Gold212February 28, 2018 09:23AM

Re: AJ Hill or Julius Jones aside, I agree...NM

laram90February 28, 2018 09:35AM

What about BJ Thomas and He Hate Me...

jemach92February 28, 2018 09:50AM

Jeez. One little mistake....it's brutal around here.

RockRam110February 28, 2018 10:05AM

It's called waiting for something to happen...

jemach65February 28, 2018 01:18PM

dzrams113February 28, 2018 10:45AM

Rampage2K-86February 28, 2018 11:58AM

Re: Let me put a myth to bed....

dzrams107February 28, 2018 12:14PM

Re: Let me put a myth to bed....

Rampage2K-111February 28, 2018 12:31PM