Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Watkins negotiating position versus the Rams

February 28, 2018 02:18AM
Agent: OK. Sammy is a great player as a true #1 WR and we want $15 mil per year.

Rams: Too much. The numbers don't lie. They say he doesn't match an AJ Hill or Julius Jones to warrant us paying your guy like them.

Agent: He deserves to be paid as the best WR on the team.

Rams: Woods and Kupp caught more passes for more yards. In fact, so did Todd Gurley.

Agent: That's because he didn't get in a full training camp with the Rams

Rams: He's a vet. He should have been able to pick up the playbook and his assignments quickly.

Agent: Goff could have thrown to him more, because he was open but often not thrown to.

Rams: Goff is taught to throw to the right guy at the right time in the progression. Down, distance, circumstance all play a role. The guy's number doesn't matter.

Agent: My guy needs to be, wants to be, and can be "the man" at WR for the Rams.

Rams: McVay's offense is not designed to emphasize one WR. The ball will be spread around. So your guy would need to be OK with a role as our #1 WO Receiver, but there's no guarantees that he would lead the team in catches in any particular season nor will the ball be force feed to him.

Agent: So where do you value him?

Rams: About equal with Robert Woods.

Agent: I'll get back to you, but I think other teams will value him more.

Rams: Let us know. We really like your client and are willing to make him a wealthy man to continue to play for Rams. Remind him that the Rams are now a playoff caliber team who will have the same QB, same HC, same FO for years to come. Your man can be rich, recognized in a large market, and have a real shot at Superbowls for the next several years.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Watkins negotiating position versus the Rams

RockRam572February 28, 2018 02:18AM

Re: Watkins negotiating position versus the Rams

Rampage2K-148February 28, 2018 07:40AM

More like this

Blue and Gold212February 28, 2018 09:23AM

Re: AJ Hill or Julius Jones aside, I agree...NM

laram90February 28, 2018 09:35AM

What about BJ Thomas and He Hate Me...

jemach92February 28, 2018 09:50AM

Jeez. One little mistake....it's brutal around here.

RockRam110February 28, 2018 10:05AM

It's called waiting for something to happen...

jemach65February 28, 2018 01:18PM

Re: More like this + this...

dzrams113February 28, 2018 10:45AM

Re: More like this + this...

Rampage2K-86February 28, 2018 11:58AM

Re: Let me put a myth to bed....

dzrams107February 28, 2018 12:14PM

Re: Let me put a myth to bed....

Rampage2K-111February 28, 2018 12:31PM