Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Blinkscout Mock 2.0 ... pre combine

February 06, 2018 08:43AM
alyoshamucci
I have been using multiple draft boards and simulaling almost daily, so I have a feel for where players will be, but .. I will still provide a couple players for the opening spots.

You'll notice this is high end defense heavy ... this is not just because of need, this is a defensive draft.

My understanding is that we have 3 6ths ... so I'm working with that.

1) Mike Hughes/Isaiah Oliver ... I believe one will be there. Fast twitch cover corners with good feet. I think we may take a CB later as well, but I don't have any intention of screwing around at a position this important. The only thing that would give me pause would be if Vea or Key was there, which I highly doubt. You simply can't buy that kind of size. Only so many humans are that big. I'm going to have to get into Oliver more once it calms down around here. I agree with Hughes. His upside is crazy. And he can start right now.

3) Lorenzo Carter/Josh Sweat ... I think the raw physical guys go in round 2 and these guys slide. One should be there. I like Nwosu in the 4th as well. I like these guys getting up the field and in back pedal ... and I like their bend and long arms. I cannot mock Sweat into the 3rd round until his combine medicals, but I love Carter in the 3rd. its funny you have those 2 together because they were both top 10 HS prospects, Carter underperfromed and Sweat couldn't stay healthy. otherwise they are 1st round early 2nd round guys.

4) Lowell Lotuleilei ... had a down year, but has massive arms and can take over a game. I think he's our nose and that he will be terribly underdrafted. Justin Jones of NCState would be my secondary here .. We just disagree with lotuleilei for now. Another I have to go back and look at.The 4th round would be a good spot for a developmental LT, an OC or a TE that slides.

5) Noteboom/Brandon Parker, OT ... can play the left or right ... seems to be comfortable in his stance and rarely oversets from everything Ive seen all year. This is a backup and redhsirt, gain strength and learn from the best type of pick. Brandon Parker is a developmental pick I love, long with long arms, still room to grow and just needs coaching.

6) Jason Cabinda/Kenny Young ILB Guys that are not even rated as draftable on some sites ... Lol. I've been watching these kids for 3 years ... they can run a defense and work sideline to sideline, and I'd rather have Ogletree in Barron's old position. Not a huge fan of Young, he's just not my type of ILB, he lacks aggresiveness, but I can get behind Cabinda. More physical, and has a bit more size then Young.

6) Tim Izzo/Durham Smythe .. I think Smythe is gone, but that Izzo is the same player. improvement over Carrier and someone to push Higbee (Who I liked more than most on this board this year) A good as spot as any for a TE that is sure to drop. And its Ryan Izzo from Florida State right?
Tom Izzo the Michigan St. basketball coach and I have no idea who Tim is. LOL.

6) J'Mon Moore Mizzou WR/Daurice Fountain NoIowa grooming talented projects. I also want a WR late or a RB. I see no scenario where TA is back and its time to push Thomas.

Priority FA Avante Maddox, CB Pitt. Another CB name: Dane Cruikshank, Arizona. Had a decent east west week.

I really want a RB, but I think I'll wait till next year or after the draft when there should be some hungry talent leftover.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Mock 2.0 ... pre combine

alyoshamucci818February 05, 2018 01:06PM

I hate it 😀

no name254February 05, 2018 05:06PM

Re: I hate it 😀

alyoshamucci151February 06, 2018 07:04AM

Re: playing bingo with Deadpool and Alyo's picks

leafnose248February 05, 2018 06:03PM

Re: playing bingo with Deadpool and Alyo's picks

alyoshamucci164February 06, 2018 07:07AM

Lorenzo Carter

73Ram179February 06, 2018 10:15AM

Re: I think what things hinge on with OLB (at 23)

merlin151February 06, 2018 10:55AM

Re: Blinkscout Mock 2.0 ... pre combine

Deadpool195February 06, 2018 08:43AM

Yes Ryan lol

alyoshamucci243February 06, 2018 09:00AM

That will make it easier to evaluate

Deadpool134February 06, 2018 09:04AM

Re: That will make it easier to evaluate

alyoshamucci149February 06, 2018 10:03AM