Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

who "recommended silence"?

December 03, 2017 05:05AM
RockRam
This is the Social Media world. And it is rare that "no comment" works. No comment usually adds fuel to the fire as what Simms reported as fact is essentially just more "fake news".

Not only that, in a press conference both McVay and Goff were directly asked about the statement and clearly someone had informed them about it. They didn't respond passionately, but rather matter of factly, without inflaming the situation.

If this were a long time and well known HC and QB duo, then no comment might work.

But this was a brand new HC and his 2nd year baby faced QB being publicly accused of cheating and being unethical by a hired sports personality on a major media outlet. No comment is not possible in this situation.

And for all of us Rams fans who have waited so long for a good HC and QB and team, it's pretty tough to take to hear some punk who is given a large platform to speak from make such outrageous allegations when finally we have something worth bragging about. Vinny B handled it quite well and professionally because the offense was far more than you are making it out to be and it needed to be addressed head on.

You seem to have WAY more respect for journalism in general than the average person.....certainly way more than I. That's fine. But most of us are instantly suspicious of whether what is being said is true (no matter the journalist or the subject), and journalism has earned its black eye as most journalists have become advocates for their particular worldview but pronounce it as though it was unfiltered truth and fact.

Simms needs to be smacked down and put back in the losers cave he crawled out of.

I of course understand where you're coming from, but, here;s what I actually said: I personally don't care what he said, it don't ruffle my feathers none. (Not talking anyone into anything, just voting in an informal poll.)

That means say what you want, and I will too. THAT is NOT "recommending silence,: it;'s the opposite.

When I went after VB it's because to me, he lowered himself as a professional. I winced reading that, I really did. But he's a professional, and we're posters---we're not bound to any professional imperatives, we can just chime in at will. Either way that's not saying VB should say nothing, it means I think he should raise his standards as a writer when he takes on issues like that. And even when I say THAT it too is just me adding another opinion to the mix.

I for one think the much ado about Simms's comment amounts to nothing---a tempest in a teapot. But since I said I am just registering a "vote" and not trying to talk anyone into anything, that's not me being demanding others conform to a view, it;s just me contributing another opinion to the mix.

Think what you want about Simms. And I will too. cool smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2017 05:15AM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bonsignore: Self-assured Rams able to shrug off criticism

RamBill658December 02, 2017 05:54PM

Re: Bonsignore: Self-assured Rams able to shrug off criticism

Rampage2K-261December 02, 2017 07:03PM

Watch the Cardinals stadium people foul up the headsets

Blue and Gold207December 02, 2017 07:17PM

Re: Watch the Cardinals stadium people foul up the headsets

oldmanram248December 03, 2017 12:51AM

Nah, I don't think so.. Arians already put out a statement

GreatRamNTheSky182December 03, 2017 02:24AM

This is a bit of a head scratcher

max237December 03, 2017 03:38AM

Vinny got it right. Now that they are good, Rams are a media target....good and bad.

RockRam127December 03, 2017 03:54AM

Re: This is a bit of a head scratcher

zn177December 03, 2017 04:05AM

What? A guy makes a dumb statement that goes viral and you recommend silence?

RockRam116December 03, 2017 04:22AM

who "recommended silence"?

zn112December 03, 2017 05:05AM

Fair enough. (nm)

RockRam102December 03, 2017 05:31AM

There was zero doubt ...

The_Bad_Guy116December 03, 2017 04:40AM

I'd always rather be wrong and the team be right.

ArizonaRamFan116December 03, 2017 05:12AM

While it's not always the case ...

The_Bad_Guy129December 03, 2017 05:29AM

Re: Would like to, PHD ...

PHDram104December 03, 2017 06:36AM

Exactly

The_Bad_Guy104December 03, 2017 06:37AM