Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

If you are passing the KoolAid....

August 25, 2017 04:56PM
... I might take a sip.

This team has been so screwed up for so long. While I have remained loyal, they have literally hurt my feelings over the years because my thought is that I have cared about wins and losses more than the ownership, management, coaching staff and players.

Over the past 3-5 years I have bordered on the edge of changing my loyalties to a team here within FL where I reside. But.. I haven't.

I really want to believe, since the ownership and management haven't changed, that the coaching staff and athletes are better this year. In my heart, I believe that to be true. Without trying to sound like a "pansy", part of me just isn't ready to open myself up back again, only to be let down.

Nearing 50 years-old, my time is important. I have a wife and children. I have a job that takes 60 or so hours of work each week. I have a yard to maintain. My daughter has a volleyball schedule that would make your head spin. So, my time is more valuable to me than it used to be. Still, I spend every Sunday during the NFL season watching my Rams and suffering through.

I'm done taking full-on "swigs" of the KoolAid. The ownership, management, coaches and players owe me some proof that things have turned the corner before I get there again. However, with the vast changes made to the coaching staff and roster since the end of last season. And with the team I'm seeing on the field this pre-season, I'm willing to take a small sip of that KoolAid. If it goes down easy over the first 3 or 4 games, I may take a "sippy cup" full. If my Rams are competitive for a full season this year... Then bring on the funnel.

I want to be all-in on this team, but after this long, this organization, as a whole, needs to prove they care as much or more as I do about success.

Jeez, that was hard, but it really does make me feel better. Kinda!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

If you are passing the KoolAid....

PSJRam798August 25, 2017 04:56PM

Re: If you are passing the KoolAid....

VANRAM358August 25, 2017 05:38PM

Re: If you are passing the KoolAid....

stlramz319August 25, 2017 10:15PM

Amen, Brother!

SalsaRama335August 26, 2017 01:01PM

Re: Amen, Brother!

PSJRam232August 26, 2017 01:28PM

I think my KoolAid is defective (nm)