Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McVay, Snead in Sync as NFL Combine Begins

March 02, 2017 05:51PM

Myles Simmons

INDIANAPOLIS — The 2017 Combine has arrived, with coaches, general managers, scouts, media, and league personnel all descending on the Indiana Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium for one of the NFL’s marquee offseason events.

While Sean McVay has been to his share of Combines, this year marks his first as a head coach. Speaking to the media Thursday morning, McVay said his obligations in 2017 aren’t too different from what they’ve been in the past as Washington’s offensive coordinator.

“You know, really, this is the only thing that’s different, in terms of the coordinator approach,” McVay said, referring to speaking with the media. “And then I’ll be here the entire week with the defense.”

The Combine is, of course, one of the crucial checkpoints for incoming rookies because it gives teams a chance to get to know them not only through their on-field drills, but also through medical evaluations and in-person interviews. With McVay working to assemble his staff and get acquainted with Los Angeles’ current roster, the head coach said he’s relied on Snead to help get him up to speed on this year’s talent crop.

“That’s why it’s been beneficial to have Les be able to kind of give me a jump start on, what are our needs? And then is this something we feel we might be able to address in the draft or in free agency?” McVay said. “Because just like in both, there are certain positions where there’s a little more depth in free agency, certain positions where there’s a little more depth in the draft. And being able to use those two ways of acquiring players to improve is going to be really important for us.”

Player acquisition is an area in which a strong working relationship between head coach and GM is key. While it’s only been a few weeks, McVay and Snead have begun to develop good chemistry. It’s something that even goes back to the interview process, where both men have said they discovered comfort in merging their individual plans for developing a winning franchise.

Read Complete Article
[www.therams.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill703March 02, 2017 05:51PM

All I know about McVay in one word...

JamesJM381March 02, 2017 05:55PM

Re: All I know about McVay in one word...

oldschoolramfan277March 02, 2017 06:09PM

Not arguing here but...

JamesJM334March 02, 2017 06:46PM

Re: Not arguing here but...

oldschoolramfan212March 03, 2017 09:07AM

to be fair

zn213March 03, 2017 02:13PM

Re: All I know about McVay in one word...

Glyndwr71304March 02, 2017 11:53PM

All I know about McVay in one word...

Anonymous User285March 03, 2017 04:53PM