Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Goff Not Likely To Have Much Impact This Year...

September 09, 2016 04:47PM
- So what! How about we move on and pull for the team that WILL be on the field.
- The idea that this team is ruined if he doesn't turn in to a superstar is BS. It's not the time of when SB was the #1 pick and teams were hamstrung by dumping so much $ in to the one position.
- The idea that if he doesn't start this year, then it was a wasted pick is also BS. If he's not the best QB on the team, at this very moment, then he shouldn't be the starter. It's not YMCA flag football for 10 year-olds where everyone has to play a certain number of snaps. The guy with the best chance of helping the team win, at this moment, is CK. So... He should be the QB, at this moment.
- Anyone suggesting that the Coaching Staff or Management had anointed Goff the starter, at any point prior, is not paying attention. Fisher has said all along that CK was the #1 QB to start this season. How is that confusing to anyone? Fisher said Goff will be the franchise QB but there was not a timeline. I do hope that Goff learns a lot this year and that his football brain catches up to his physical ability sooner than later because if that happens, he will be the starter and the team will be better.
- There are a small handful of QBs in the league that could have come to the Rams, at this point in time, and really been a difference maker with how the team is built. There were none in this last draft and in today's NFL, it's really pretty rare for a rookie QB to be that difference maker in his first year and then continue to do so. I know... Dak Prescott, right? Let's see how he does in the regular season before anyone declares him as a "game changer". I'd take a healthy Tony Romo over Prescott, to win games right now, in a heartbeat.
- I, like many of you, am tired of losing seasons. It makes me grumpy for a day or so every time the Rams lose. But I do see improvement in this team each year over the past 3-4 years even if the record doesn't reflect it. The Rams have stayed young and when it clicks, it's going to be a BIG jump in the record (3-4 games) and it should be a team with staying power because of the youth movement. I hate saying "wait till next year", year after year, but I really do think this team is close to taking a big step forward in the WINS column.
- Everyone is entitled to their opinion without a doubt. I enjoy reading the opinions of many of the posters here. I choose to wait and see what happens and to make final assessments based upon what it as opposed to what I think it's going to be. The proof is in the pudding and until there's some pudding, I'm just going to root for my Rams. I do wish more of you would stop the doom and gloom crap (I'm new, can I say "crap" on this board?) and be supportive until there's a reason to do otherwise.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Goff Not Likely To Have Much Impact This Year...

PSJRam642September 09, 2016 04:47PM

You missed one very important point.

max263September 10, 2016 04:27AM

Re: You missed one very important point.

SoCalRAMatic271September 10, 2016 04:51AM

Re: You missed one very important point.

oldmanram310September 10, 2016 05:30AM