Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

There is a major vacuum on defense

August 14, 2016 05:00PM
Saguaro
This reminded me of last year's preseason opener against the Raiders.

One team looked prepared and pumped. The other one looked soft, slow, and confused.

I noticed during a sideline interview that Fisher's hair looked sloppy, untrimmed stuff down his neck, not sure it had been washed.
This is how his team plays. They have talent, and they keep getting more talent, but they're sloppy.
I have no confidence in this coaching staff anymore. None.

Neither do I, but everyone on this board already knew that. It would be different if his "I could care what anyone thinks attitude" worked like it does for Greg Popovich, but it doesn't.

Yeah, I know, there were very few penalties. But the holes in the secondary were huge.
Coty Sensabaugh? I sure hope he's not a starting corner on this team.

This secondary is in trouble regardless who is starting opposite TruJo. No proven FS, TruJo isn't a true #1 corner, Joyner isn't a starting outside CB and Gaines still has a ways to go.

Where is the awesome dline that can produce pressure without blitzing?

Is Dak Prescott really that good? He looked like the best QB on the field by far.

No he isn't and his guys dropped a couple of passes for him.

Mannion had time, and produced against 3rd string, but I thought his windup and delivery was still slow and creaky.

I am sticking by my statement that he was way overdrafted, and if he is your starter for any amount of time, you are in trouble.

Fisher, you cut that kid for breaking a dorm rule to make a point. Cut somebody for dropping a pass.
Just pick one, there are plenty to choose from.

Mike Thomas is in serious trouble.

Higbee is everything reports said he was. It was good to have something positive to see there.

Higbee's head is the only thing that could stop him from being very good.

I'm not getting the praise for the oline. They exposed Goff to danger twice, and Bennie made them look better than they were.

I thought the OL looked ok. Its early so they will need time to gel. Its still a very young line.

I see people saying maybe Spruce made the team tonight. Made the team? I'd make him a starter. I think he can get open, and at least he gives the QB a receiver they can rely on to catch the _____ ball!

I was thrilled when he was picked up and thrilled he showed as well as he did. Too bad the knee is going to keep him out a week or 2.

Preseason final scores mean nothing, as far as I concerned.
What matters is looking crisp, professional, and ready. Last night was deflating.

J M O

Back to my title. Who is the leader on this defense now that JL and Long are gone? Hayes I would guess? Maybe Quinn? Its a relatively young defense and someone better step up quickly and take the lead. I'm not saying JL or Long should have stayed, I'm just saying they lost a ton of veteran leadership.

Another thing is moving Tree to the middle. I have said it before and I will say it again, this is a massive mistake, and one that is going to haunt this team all year.

So young and inexperienced secondary, coupled with a MLBer that has never been a MLB in the NFL, your best DE coming back from a back injury and losing your top 2 leaders has me really questioning how strong this defense really will be.

As for the offense, there was certainly some stuff to like. I liked what I saw from all the RBs. Good group, bye Tre, I hope you get the help you need. I liked what I saw from Spruce, Williams and Higbee. McRoberts settled down. The OL looked decent. Its early, so I will give them a bit of a pass.

As far as Goff, it was obvious to me that the game seemed really fast for him. Add that to his left shoulder gettting splattered all over the turf, it was easy to see why he got pulled. Give him a taste and let it soak in. Not real concerned.

Brian Quick just never does anything to make me think: wow, he really does ____ well or man that was a nice catch. I really hope a young guy can push him off the roster. I also hope Kendricks is pushed down the depth chart by Higbee.

I'm also done with TA as a gadget guy. He needs to spend 100% of his time catching footballs. You want to run the ball, you have 4 capable backs. Austin needs to put all his focus on running correct routes and finishing catches.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I guess a lot of people are seeing this more + than I am.

Saguaro1338August 14, 2016 09:48AM

Re: I guess a lot of people are seeing this more + than I am.

Rams43531August 14, 2016 10:03AM

I just think that's very important to QB confidence.

Saguaro593August 14, 2016 10:09AM

Re: I just think that's very important to QB confidence.

Rams43525August 14, 2016 10:12AM

Going to take issue with something...

JamesJM924August 14, 2016 10:10AM

Re: Going to take issue with something...

Rams43562August 14, 2016 10:19AM

Maybe......

NewMexicoRam510August 14, 2016 03:38PM

I was stunned by the speed difference...

JamesJM459August 14, 2016 05:19PM

21Dog567August 14, 2016 05:13PM

Ok, but what I mean is...

Saguaro543August 14, 2016 10:24AM

No, I don't think the win meant a thing to our #1's...

JamesJM510August 14, 2016 10:35AM

zn542August 14, 2016 10:33AM

Yeah, I can buy that. (nm)

JamesJM483August 14, 2016 10:36AM

Tree

six2stack455August 14, 2016 11:22AM

9er8er841August 14, 2016 03:26PM

Won't last if they are sub .500

moklerman636August 14, 2016 03:54PM

Thinking of the Dodgers

9er8er482August 14, 2016 04:18PM

There is a major vacuum on defense

Deadpool579August 14, 2016 05:00PM

I'm not even close to saying...

JamesJM590August 14, 2016 05:03PM

I try not to overreact to preseason football ....

Rampage2K-476August 14, 2016 05:56PM

Not me....

JamesJM608August 14, 2016 07:10PM

Classicalwit383August 15, 2016 05:07AM