Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You know, hindsight is much easier than dealing with what is before you

May 15, 2024 01:28PM
McVay just flat lost faith in Goff. He didn't like his body language, he played miserably in some games, and we have NO idea how things looked in team meetings or in the QB room. But, for whatever combination of reasons McVay was pretty frustrated with him.

It's so easy to sit on the outside with such meager information and second guess. McVay has about 70 players and about 20 coaches to handle... not just one guy. If McVay didn't see Goff as a fit, then he wasn't. If McVay didn't think he was the right QB for what he intended to create, then he wasn't. If a few people are peeved because McVay might have sounded a little different about Goff to the media, I can't deny that. But, you know, they are all big boys and ought to be able to brush this stuff off, pull up their big boy pants, and move on. To his credit, I think Goff did....and in another sense so did McVay.

And, I suspect that Goff learned a lot from essentially getting fired as McVay's QB and being sent off in what was essentially a salary dump and add-in to the Stafford deal. And, he got a do over in Detroit.... just like most of us needed at some point in life.... and often a do over came after we were handed our hat.

It in the end, it has all worked out for everyone. Except.... McVay got the ring the year he made the change. So, what does that say?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

how McVay's relationship with Jared Goff went south-Michael Silver

JimYoungblood53407May 14, 2024 07:23PM

Cosell on Goff/Stafford

JimYoungblood53125May 15, 2024 10:01AM

Re: how McVay's relationship with Jared Goff went south-Michael Silver

kw13116May 15, 2024 10:44AM

cool_hand_luke89May 15, 2024 10:50AM

Killrazor79May 15, 2024 01:08PM

You know, hindsight is much easier than dealing with what is before you

RockRam71May 15, 2024 01:28PM

It says that McVay made the right decision

Coy Bacon45May 15, 2024 01:57PM

Re: You know, hindsight is much easier than dealing with what is before you

Old Goat62May 15, 2024 01:57PM

No. A little criticism is not a diatribe.

Coy Bacon55May 15, 2024 03:13PM