Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Don't think that can be done with NFL fronts like it used to.

April 29, 2024 07:12AM
RockRam

Therefore, I suspect we will see an attempt to do something similar with Young and Turner to develop a chemistry. And, that the Rams will ask Young to play on the right instead of the left (from the O view) this coming season. With 2 rookies and 2 second year guys, this can happen and be useful for a few years.

Here you see that where guy lineup is not left or right, it's based on different things... where you can see Donald and Turner move because they, for the looks of it, want the 3 tech to the strong
[x.com]

So, there will be times when both Verse and Fiske cannot be on the right.

Last year It was about 70-30 with Hoecht on the left and Young on the right ---and of course vice versa.

The only the ting Rams do left- and right- on defense is the safeties. All others -- OLB, CB, ILB, DTs are based on other things, could be the wide side or short side, or where the TE is. or which is the 3-receiver side.

I think you're right about them wanting to play guys with some "chemistry" .. that makes sense but to implement left and right on the defensive line so Fiske and Verse are on the right is not practical ... it would mean Turner and Young on the left (you call it, the offense's right ...) and offenses could game plan against that.

They could put the tight end in a place, or the running back or whatever to put Turner to have to play further inside -- like a 1-T or 2i tech --- than the 3-tech. And that would take away from the whole reason they are moving him to 3-tech.

Same with Fiske ... if he plays Jonah Williams' position he's going to have to move back and forth

here are some examples --- connecting, for example, Young and Williams --- sometimes same, sometimes opposite, and the same would be true of Donald and Hoecht, or if you reversed them

I never say never, and get what you are saying, it's intuitive but IMO not doable on the NF level -- if anything --- with Verse being a dominant run-stopper, they may tie him to the likely side that a team will run to. You cannot always know but there are keys and tendencies.

Rams might say "Hey, we want verse on the side the run to most often" and that could be he wise side, TE side, the 2 receiver side ... whatever.

Also, if they tried the right side only with Verse and Fiske --- what might happen with the rotation? Do that make that also left- and right?

I am juts guessing --- but I am thinking Rams will slide verse into Hoecht's position ... and Fiske into Williams' position. And Turner goes from backup NT and 2i in passing situations to Donald's position.

I am not saying you are wrong, but Rams didn't really do left and right and probably won't start this year. I think it would be disadvantageous more than advantageous.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

When Rams took Verse, taking Fiske became urgent priority #1

RockRam293April 29, 2024 05:08AM

Re: When Rams took Verse, taking Fiske became urgent priority #1

JamesHarrisFanClub88April 29, 2024 05:27AM

LaDoc79April 29, 2024 06:01AM

RamsDynasty69April 29, 2024 06:44AM

Newton doesn't fit as well in Williams' position as Fiske, IMO

JimYoungblood5351April 29, 2024 07:19AM

Thanks Blood for killing that dream