Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Largely agree. And let's not forget UDFAs and Vets

April 02, 2024 12:37PM
I totally agree that it's hard to imagine the Rams drafting 11 guys and then adding them all to the roster. But, it gets even more outlandish when you consider how well the Rams have done in UDFA pick ups. And then add 2 or 3 Vet castoffs that can very likely be had on the cheap.

Something's gotta give.

So, I agree that it seems unlikely that Les wants MORE picks, so we could see the Rams packaging some picks to move up. And especially in the later rounds (we have so many 6th rounders, and no 4ths).

Here's the thing, though. Forget mock drafts and what the pundits think. The Rams usually have a pretty unique view of how players stack, and they also like to put players into pods of players of approximately equal value. We also don't have a clue how they see that.

For all we know some of the Edges that the media consensus are the 4th and 5th rated guys, the Rams rate higher than the consensus 1, 2 or 3 guys. Same with every position. That's why as much fun as it is to speculate and pontificate, we also don't know how the other 31 teams will draft, and therefore which players will be available at whatever points the Rams picks fall.

It is a game of chess that no one can predict until the game unfolds. Just too darn many moving pieces. And, one or two unanticipated moves and it can reshuffle the whole board.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A couple draft thoughts

Headslap75272April 02, 2024 08:43AM

I also have this thought of McVay...

OzRam90April 02, 2024 10:53AM

Re: A couple draft thoughts

AlbaNY_Ram83April 02, 2024 12:21PM

Largely agree. And let's not forget UDFAs and Vets

RockRam58April 02, 2024 12:37PM