Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A couple draft thoughts

April 02, 2024 08:43AM
A. So I see a lot of posters and experts doing mocks having Rams trading back accumulating more picks ....I get that in the sense that Snead/McVay era has shown that they have done so in the past and seem to have a good track record of finding that "diamond" in the rough in the in later rds... so all makes sense..
Thinking out loud or I guess my question is in a draft that we already have 11 picks do we want more? How many picks do we want 13-15 seems wild that's a quarter of a roster big turnover and even though semi cheap those are all guys that you need to get under contract? The way I see it if ever was a draft the Rams might stand still or package picks to move up in certain rds this would be it .... I could totally see a couple of the 3rd rd comp picks being used to trade up ?

B. Was thinking it's fair to say even though we knew it was coming in near future none of us expected AD to walk away this season? However all accounts are the Rams were aware and had an understanding of it.... Rams are very tight lipped keeping things in house to allow the star to do things on his terms go out with their own announcement.

So to my point I'd be super bummed if we used 19 or traded up to draft QB rd 1
Not because of the fact that I like most see glaring need at edge or DT ... but because to me it would indicate that Stafford has had that same conversation with management "hey this is the last rodeo" or at most 2 seasons ...because then the QB pick makes all the sense in the world

In closing the more I think I know about the draft or Snead/McVay regime and who they target .... I know nothing

I see Edge 1Rd DT 2rd or reversed
but I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Rams go off script and leave us all scratching our heads

I do know one thing Snead/McVay in most cases have earned my trust with
talent evals and an overall plan
So come draft day I'm going to sit back relax and enjoy ... should be a fun draft and I'll support whoever they bring in

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2024 08:44AM by Headslap75.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A couple draft thoughts

Headslap75267April 02, 2024 08:43AM

I also have this thought of McVay...

OzRam87April 02, 2024 10:53AM

Re: A couple draft thoughts

AlbaNY_Ram80April 02, 2024 12:21PM

Largely agree. And let's not forget UDFAs and Vets

RockRam57April 02, 2024 12:37PM