Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'd shoot Les Snead if he did that.

March 26, 2024 02:01PM
First, I don't even buy that the Rams would even try to replace Stafford (when the time comes) with anything but a proven vet. If anyone can attract an upper level QB to move to a new team it is McVay and the Rams organization. I don't see them drafting a QB high and then trying to develop him.

Second, I think the Rams think Stafford is in no hurry retire. As long as it stays fun, and for Stafford winning is fun.... and as long as the Rams provide him with a good Oline and good weapons...and they have.... he'll hang around.

Third, IMO drafting QBs in the 1st round is for teams that need QBs and really have little other avenue to get one. What other route does a Chicago or Washington for example have? Or even NE? No upper level QB is going to sign on with them. And, when you bring in a rookie QB, except in the rare case, you have a minimum of 2, and more likely a 3 year timeframe before you can seriously talk about a QB ready to lead a team deep into the playoffs and then if you go against the odds and actually draft a good QB. And then, you still have to build the rest of the team around them. And when you are picking in the top 3 or 4, odds are you've got a lot of team building to do.

As long as Snead and McVay are around, and Kroenke is the owner, the Rams don't ever have to suffer at being a bad team because of lack of personnel or coaching. The only reason 2022 was a disaster was an insane amount of injuries. No team can overcome that many injuries during one season. Last year was healthier, but still Kupp wasn't healthy, and Stafford had the thumb, and they were eating a huge amount of dead money.

I admit, Snead can surprise us. But, I think it would border on malpractice to select a QB at 19 and I have no doubts that he won't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2024 02:03PM by RockRam.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

ESPN analyst mocks college star QB to Rams in first round

BerendsenRam341March 26, 2024 08:55AM

Really Doubt that happens

BerendsenRam71March 26, 2024 08:56AM

I'd shoot Les Snead if he did that.

RockRam72March 26, 2024 02:01PM

That would be crazy

NewMexicoRam44March 26, 2024 03:24PM

I could see Penix at 19 depending on what Stafford has told the Rams?

since6851March 26, 2024 04:29PM

I Love Penix

ferragamo7958March 26, 2024 05:15PM

Re: I Love Penix

six2stack51March 26, 2024 05:28PM

Re: ESPN analyst mocks college star QB to Rams in first round

LBCRAM41March 26, 2024 05:07PM