Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Really deep and in depth

February 04, 2024 05:50PM
I'll add a little of what I saw. Just because it'll be in one spot and Alyo is amazing at the Senior Bowl stuff. I could care less about the game, scouts and coaches don't even stick around for it. Its basically the college Pro Bowl. I don't even watch most of it.

alyoshamucci
First I want to say that at first the idea to allow juniors bugged me, but in the end it made it so there were no "dry" position groups. They only took juniors where there were gaps in talent.

I cover the three practices for both squads, basically six hours of footage, and the whole game. Some players DNP, which I will denote, and some DIP (decide they've shown enough) which I will also denote. I do this in depth because 1) We take a lot of players from this game and 2) My fantasy football livelihood depends on hitting later picks.

Right now the boards are all coming out and are all over the place. Last year Davis Allen was in DJ's top 50. So this is the beginning of the process and players will be doing a lot of moving around.

One thing that bummed me out was you ended up with 4 QBs on one team, and 3 on the other with two likely to DIP ... Penix Dipped and Bo Nix dipped after his TD drive, leaving 4 QBs on one team and 1 on the other during the game.

Carter Bradley South Alabama QB Saw him play a little during the year ... has a good arm ... little slow in recognition and needs more accuracy, but a good final add. He'll end up being a day 3 guy for me. Nothing fancy or flashy about him.

Joe Milton II Tennessee QB He probably was my most improved and most impressed by ... I've watched him for five years since he started on Michigan. He has a cannon, but as a result his accuracy and pocket movement was never developed. Big thing for me is that he's REALLY NOT light on his feet, so little inside the pocket adjustments are not his thing, he lumbers. That said, he showed more accuracy and poise than he ever did in college.

Michael Pratt Tulane QB Liked him his whole career ... has a plus arm ... I think when you look at him, you actually get to see intangibles. Tulane was 2-10 when he was a sophomore ... Willie Fritz challenged the team after the season. They beat USC with an unexpected, EPIC comeback in the cotton bowl the next year (I believe cotton) ... 10-2 this year I believe. Pratt was a program changer. Changed the culture. His physical attributes might let him slide. If he's there in the 5th he makes up for the drafting of Bennett last year. He's a 3rd rounder IMO, I thought his arm was "good enough" In hte right place, he could outperform his draft position.

Spencer Rattler South Carolina QB Never been a fan, 3rd rounder or later.

Sam Hartman Notre Dame QB He makes a couple bad decisions a game that I can't live with. Good defenses know that. He's got surprising wheels. I don't think he'll ever win QB1. He reminds me of a poor mans Sam Howell, later day 3 guy.

Bo Nix Oregon QB Had a good week. He'll be a top 15 choice likely for someone ... he'll have to work on some intermediate accuracy stuff but he's good to go otherwise. I thought his week was mediocre at best, I won't have him in the 1st round. He is what he showed this week, comfortable in shotgun throwing screens and short passes. Intermediate and deep are issues. At his age, I'm lowering his ceiling. Round 2.

Michael Penix Jr. Washington QB Dipped before the game ... showed scouts his arm talent ... now for him it's just going to be medical and age. If they red flag him and he slides I'd be willing to take him in the second. If he went top ten I also would not be surprised. I'm right there with you, I think he actually is a 2nd round QB. I wouldn't be mad at all if the Rams took him in the 2nd.

Rasheen Ali Marshall RB Tore his bicep. out 4 months I think ... bumer as he was explosive. I know him from Marshall and had him pegged as a 3rd-4th rounder. I had him noted as day 3, late day 3 now. THat sucks.

Isaiah Davis South Dakota State RB Powerful dude, but not too much wiggle.Another day 3 guy, curious how he tests. Love his power

Dylan Laube New Hampshire RB 179 catches? Wow. Someone will have a plan for him and draft him earlier than expected.Yeah, he tore up FCS this year. He's a hybrid WR/RB that will need a plan

Marshawn Lloyd Southern California RB Won best at the position for the week. I liked him going back to SCar ... low center of gravity and bursty leg drive. I still don't have a back in the top 2 rounds. Showed he could catch this week, so he's ready to play the position.He perfectly exemplifies this years RB class. Good at a bunch of stuff, but not great at anything. Mid round guy. RB class is gross this year

Kimani Vidal Troy RB Short and stout. Again I liked his tape ... I don't know where he falls. It's a huge middling class.

Emani Bailey TCU RB So, didn't get the right view of him until this week. TCU struggles losing so many offensive players and there just wasn't any offense besides Bailey and they keyed on him as a result. 5-7.5 ... 208. Nifty in the hole, great vision, and I'd venture to guess low 4.4 speed. I think he runs like Kyren ... same kind of step pattern. If he slides, which I doubt now, I'd be tempted earlier than most other backs because of their similarity. I can see that.

Ray Davis Kentucky RB He may slide because of age, gonna be 25, but he.s a fast, powerful dude.

Jawhar Jordan Louisville RB Dipped, might have been dinged. I wasn;t a huge fan honestly.

Cody Schrader Missouri RB So ... he may have my highest grade among backs in this draft ... he can do all 3 downs ... his power is excellent and his lateral agility is special for a guy built like he is. Again, could slide, because he's 24. You're getting one contract. But we don't mind that. A day 3 guy I can get behind, not a burner, but just a rock solid football player with good vision and nice burst

Jaylen Wright Tennessee RB DNP. Not a fan really.

TE, this was a kind of weird group.

Jahiem Bell Florida State TE So, he's an H back at 6-2 235 ... dynamic, team guy ... but I don't have a real spot for him. McVay has a spot for him. Jordan Reed, one of the TEs he coached at Washington, measured in at the combine at 6'-2" 236 lbs. Concussions derailed a pretty good career. Bell is a better athlete than Reed. 3rd roundish.

Ben Sinnott Kansas State TE One of my favorites in the class, he caught a lot of passes and was responsible for a lot of chain moving. Thought he had a decent week, couple of drops that were uncharacteristic. Could he be had in the 5th? Pairing him with Allen would be a nice 2 TE set.I like him too, early day 3. Solid all around TE type.

Jared Wiley TCU TE This guy is long and kind of a meannie. Also like him paired with Allen taken in the fifth. Catches a lot of TDs. I have him behind Sinnott He's a try hard blocker with great length and good hands. Day 3

AJ Barner Michigan TE Followed him from Indiana, has good tutelage. Wanted more strength and explosion from him.I like him and will probably put him right behind Sinnott. I think he has upside once he leaves that Michigan run run run offense.

Theo Johnson Penn State TE Big and smooth, likely the highest drafted of this bunch ... big hands ... moves well carrying a real 265 at 6-6.I wished he was stronger for his size, he probably tests really well. I have him behind Sinnott and Barner, but not by enough to matter.

Brevyn Spann-Ford Minnesota TE So, I haven't been a huge fan, and I'm still not ... he makes some plays but the TE talent is so good now it's hard seeing him drafted.Late day 3, hsi size is all thats special about him.

Jha’Quan Jackson Tulane WR Smaller fella 5-9 190. Good routes, but he's not Tank Dell. There's just a handful
of spots for guys his size that don't run sub 4.4 ...
Gotta be a day 3 guy for me, but he is a smooth route runner for sure. Good hands

Xavier Legette[/b] South Carolina WR I have not really been high on him. He dinged his ankle day 2 ... doesn't really get separation, and isn't as angry with his body as I'd like. I'm gonna have him lower than most. Not in my top100.There has to be 1, I was never as high as a 1st round grade for him, but he is a solid round 2 I'd like to see in horns, or the other guy...

Ladd McConkey Georgia WR So ... tough kid that's a pro route runner. He drew Kupp comps ... but he's likely to time faster. I'm not sure I'd have him that high. I like him as a safety net #2. Like if the Jets want to put him on the field with Wilson and Lazard I think that's smart. Won best at the position in votingI'm gonna probably have him as a 3rd rounder, he likely goes higher. He ain't Kupp.

Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint Georgia WR I think he's being underrated right now. Big hands, long reach. 33 inch arms ... 6-1 205 and I think he runs a 4.4 ... if it's round 3 and I'm still looking for my top gear guy I think it might be him.Lots of talent in this kid, he could climb into the 2nd.

Ainias Smith Texas A&M WR Bad man with the ball in his hands. But you'll have to build spots for him.

Jamari Thrash Louisville WR Expected more splash from him this week. His tape is better than he played. Small hands. I don't get the hype on him,I'll go back if I have a game, if I don't expect to see him graded as day 3 for me.

Jordan Whittington Texas WR DNP ... He shows up on the field like I want Leggette to.

Johnny Wilson Florida State WR DIPPED. Had some decent days ... now, when he came in they were talking about moving him to TE, I disagree. He gets in and out of his breaks like a WR, and even with long arms, he bring it back to his body after smooth extension with enough power to rip through DBS arms. Maybe you want him to block extra because of his size, fine, but I'm putting him out wide.He makes sense as a WR4 on a team to me, I'd grade him that way

Javon Baker UCF WR One of my bigger surprises. Alabama transfer, won a lot of 1:1s and showed the ability to get deep and finish. Does he run a 4.4? Does he last till the 5th?

Malachi Corley Western Kentucky WR Toughest YAC kid I've ever seen. Watching his tape you expect him to be injured a lot, and it just wasn't the case. Smaller hands, still working on routes, but after the catch he's ... like a bull. 5-11 215. The other one, love this kids game, Deebo like, tons of yards after the catch. round 2 for me

Jacob Cowing Arizona WR Closer to the Tank Dell tree. Crisp quick routes and solid hands. I don't think he's as good, but I bet he makes someone happy.Agreed 100%

Luke McCaffrey Rice WR He's going to be underrated. He catches a lot of first downs and TDs. He's tough, faster and meane than he looks, and has great hands.Need to see more, never saw Rice play as I recall.

Ricky Pearsall Florida WR If he runs in the 4.4s, which is likely, he's a 3rd round target. Hands are sick, he's fearless, and he runs crisp routes. 20.7 mph.This is your Cooper Kupp-lite comparison IMO. 3rd round, depending on testing, return skills are a bonus.

Brenden Rice Southern California WR Was faster and more physical than I expected. In fact, he could crawl into the second round based on his ferocious play.He looked better than I thought. day 2 guy for sure, he'll most likely test himself into round 2. I wish he was more consistent.

Devontez “Tez” Walker North Carolina WR Maybe the worst Senior Bowl week I've ever seen in my life. Came in with "maybe first round" buzz, and he's gonna need therapy. Everyone felt terrible for him. He dropped pass after pass all week and in the game. He's off my board. Sorry dude.That was brutal, he needs a big combine and pro day now, i had him day 2 tagged, now, I don't know what to do with him

Roman Wilson Michigan WR DIP He and Quinyon Mitchell battling was the feast of the week. I don't know where he ends up, but it's likely in the top 50. He put on a show.Under rated on a run first team, round 2 IMO, his hands are my only issue.

Ill do trenches next ... then off the ball defenders.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Senior Bowl analysis Offense skill positions

alyoshamucci720February 04, 2024 12:11PM

Thanks for posting My Brother !

BerendsenRam81February 04, 2024 12:40PM

Really deep and in depth

Deadpool217February 04, 2024 05:50PM

Thanks Dead as always ... Legette, Thrash and McCaffrey

alyoshamucci134February 05, 2024 07:49AM

Thanks that was great work

David Deacon71February 05, 2024 04:26AM

Great stuff! Corley...