Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Pretty good stuff in here

February 01, 2024 05:27PM
Deadpool
1. Jackson Powers-Johnson taking snaps at OG was probably requested by a or some scouts in attendance. He's a OC, and a danged good one, but in year 1, he could start out at OG and slide to the middle after that. Injured though? So no Senior Bowl Game I'm assuming.

2. Darius Robinson is making some money this week. I'm gonna have to go back and look at him. Luckily I have 1 Mizzou game left on DVR.

3. Like I said in a previous post, he could wind up being CB1. He's trending that way, and my concern about his long speed seems unfounded. The INT he got against Rice, well, he ran Rices route for him, no chance.

4. QBs have not been great. I still think Penix has been the best QB there. Nix looks timid out there. No idea why.

5. Cole Bishop does have a Les Snead pick vibe about him. I like his game and I've been tinkering with mocks for 2 weeks and I always end up penciling in Bishop.

6. Legette is one of my favorite WRs in the draft that is actually attainable. Big, physical with speed.

7. As far as having a tough decision in round 1, I still think they trade back and add picks. The Rams seem to have moved from strictly analytics to analytics with a focus on actual football players. Nacua wasn't a tester, but he competed in college (when healthy) as did Young, as did Avila as did Turner. I have to assume with the success of last years draft, they will continue this trend, so I am focusing on football players. DeJean may not have a natural position, but he is a football player. No idea how Quinyon Mitchell tests, but he's a dog that competes. Darius Robinson from Missou is a dog., undersized, but the Rams won't care. Latu won't test amazing, but he is a fighter and high end technician with a huge motor, ie. a football player.

If you had told me there's a chance Latu is there when the Rams pick at 19 during the season I would have thought you were crazy. Yet somehow here we are with mocks showing him perhaps settling into that latter half of round 1. So if we get him I don't think I'd sleep for a couple days.

I don't think JPJ or the other interior options have a shot at being our pick up top, at least not without sliding down a ways and even then I doubt it. Of course the Rams are hard to figure most when it comes to the OL, to my eye at least, so who knows.

I also like Legette. He is a perfect fit for us at X which helps magnify the possession strengths of Kupp & Nacua. His ability to highpoint and get after the ball plus stretch the field would be well utilized by 9. Of course there are many guys who fit us in that respect too, depending on when they go off the board, but I feel like Legette is one of many guys in this draft who probably weren't maximized in their scheme/attack. He should be a good value when he goes off I figure.

Re: Nix I am not surprised because he's been a bread 'n butter screen and short pass dependent QB who just runs the play. But he does have some talent. I think he's going to need redshirt time, if some team presses him into service it's gonna be ugly. Seems like a great kid so if we were to get him say rounds 3-5 with plans to park him on the roster I wouldn't complain. But I still like Hartman as a fit for us in this particular draft and he'll go after Nix and has a good chance to stick as a backup.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

7 takeaways from Day 2 at the Senior Bowl…

Rams43609February 01, 2024 05:16AM

Pretty good stuff in here

Deadpool206February 01, 2024 08:47AM

Archueleta was a football player without postion too

Hazlet Hacksaw115February 01, 2024 09:46AM

Re: Archueleta was a football player without postion too

BerendsenRam91February 01, 2024 09:53AM

not really

Deadpool128February 01, 2024 10:32AM

RamsFanSince6977February 01, 2024 12:08PM

Nacua wasn't the only one who didn't test well

21Dog71February 01, 2024 12:17PM

BerendsenRam73February 01, 2024 12:23PM

Trade back feels like the best case scenario

Ram_Ruler86February 01, 2024 12:18PM

Re: Trade back feels like the best case scenario

since6876February 01, 2024 10:36PM

I use different sites for different things

Deadpool78February 02, 2024 01:31PM

Re: I use different sites for different things

since6844February 02, 2024 04:57PM

he's a 34 down lineman imo

Deadpool59February 02, 2024 05:00PM

Re: I use different sites for different things

spamlord43February 03, 2024 02:44AM

merlin87February 01, 2024 05:27PM

Latu's medicals

Ram_Ruler87February 02, 2024 02:59AM

I would draft edge

merlin72February 02, 2024 08:05AM

Pretty good stuff in here: Senior Bowl- Bo Nix looks Timid?

Florida_Ram76February 02, 2024 02:50PM