Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Preach it. How Rams could let a talent like Dotson go would be nuts

January 04, 2024 11:37PM
RockRam
If I might add to your excellent points.

I have never bought into the notion that the most valuable positions on the Oline are the OTs. Maybe a really good LT can be made a case for, but certainly not at RT.

OGs and Center are critical to the run game, and to the pass game. The quickest route to the QB is straight up the middle (just ask AD and Turner). A QB can move around with edge pressure, but a DT immediately in his face is disastrous unless you are Lamar Jackson.

We have a pretty decent LT, an above average but not stellar RT, but two stellar OGs surrounding an average but competent Center and look at the results. If we were intent on drafting any oline for me it would be center if we think in a year it could be improved.

Nonetheless it would be foolish not to sign Dotson to his market value. Our oline chemistry is terrific and he is not easily replaceable.
))))

Well said and I agree 100 percent.

The Rams found a guard that can actually play after the failed Bruss debacle. No need to overthink this, keep the line continuity in check and keep the offense humming. Everyone thinks that as soon as Dotson gets paid the big bucks, he's just going to fall off a cliff. Well, maybe the guy has more heart than people give him credit for. Maybe he will still want to prove to the Steelers they messed up by letting him go?

Sign him.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

PFF top 100 Free Agents of 2024: Dotson 23rd

LMU93290January 04, 2024 07:47AM

I think there are two options for us

merlin153January 04, 2024 08:15AM

Re: PFF top 100 Free Agents of 2024: Dotson 23rd

cool_hand_luke104January 04, 2024 08:42AM

Re: Dotson's worth, or Dotson plus Stafford?

mtramfan86January 04, 2024 09:42AM

I'll likely start a new thread on this ...

alyoshamucci87January 04, 2024 10:55AM

Preach it. How Rams could let a talent like Dotson go would be nuts

RockRam78January 04, 2024 11:55AM

Re: Preach it. How Rams could let a talent like Dotson go would be nuts

Killrazor56January 04, 2024 11:37PM

but building on your point...

LMU9353January 05, 2024 03:36AM