Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 15 ... Saints

December 23, 2023 11:35AM
This was a solid win.

Commanders was uglier with the comeback, Brissett to McLaurin twice was ugly. Carr is playing solid and they used a multitude of weapons. We held them off.

Note, I had to work so I missed the last of the second quarter and some of the third.

The Great

1) No one can really stop us right now on defense. Including the Ravens. This is the high PPG offense we came to expect under McVay.

2) Kobie Turner has 6.5 sacks as a rookie interior D lineman.

3) Kyren Williams should be a pro bowler.

4) When has Stafford played better?

5) Puka should be OROY. Stroud is great ... honestly it should be a two person split, but Nakua is breaking records ... not just expectations ... and he was drafted in the 5th.

The Good

6) Demarcus. Not just because he's become a valuable 3, but because at this stage of his career, no one is trying to fit him into their offense and develop him. He does X, and he does it well. We pay him moderately, Josh Reynolds money ... and we let him chase a ring.

7) Ernest Jones I think has been mentioned ...

8) Lake is again showing us a different side. May be more like the hybrid role I saw with him at UCLA.

9) I was worried about Kamara. We held him in check.

10) See above and same for Taysom Hill.

11) Addition by siubtraction without Kendrick.

The Bad

12) "I hate it" - Kupp when asked about playing on turf this often ... 3 weeks in a row with a short week. So we know and now everyone knows that his knees and ankles hurt when playing too much on turf. I'm drafting a kid this year. 1st or second round. There will be serious playmakers and this is the year to draft them. No immediate pressure, but decent opportunity. That's the mix.

13) We can still be beaten by a good #1 WR, who I didn't start in my fantasy playoffs because I'm a homer idiot. Assuming we get into a playoff slot, we'll have to make that a focal point immediately.

14) Good playcalling and average to above talent can beat our secondary. We just don't have the horses. Our offense makes that less of an issue, and they have to execute ... but if they do, we're not so hard to score on.

15) Likely not getting fixed this year, but the ST stuff has to get ironed out.

The Ugly

16) Busted coverages and deep balls.

College

17) Still no really good bowl game opportunities, realistically they start Wednesday.

18) I'm discarding some positions ... TE I'll wait till after the draft. DT same ... the year to draft a DT is next year. RB is dropped to 6th or later. We need another body, but he will be our 3 or 4. QB is off my board. Of course the "If someone really amazing drops" clause is still in effect. I think a lot of quality TEs aren't going to get drafted.

19) I'm really trying to get into the CBs, and I just am having a hard time. I feel like more than any other position, CB is a FA need.

20) I'm happy with the availability of quality safeties down into the later areas of the draft. Same with off-ball LBs. And again here, some may not get drafted, and if we have an open slot we're obviously a preferred destination.

21) As of right now I'm taking WR and edge with picks 1 and 2. I'll resign Shelton and draft someone later. Or pickup Van Pran if WR or edge doesn't pan out. But Im not going DB. And I'll say it again, I might break that for Jerzahwn Newton. But right now it looks like Chop Robinson/Xavier Worthy or Rome Odunze/Braswell ... who is rising and whom I really like.

Okay I'll break ... comments and questions welcome.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 15 ... Saints

alyoshamucci327December 23, 2023 11:35AM

Re: Regarding #16

AlbaNY_Ram109December 23, 2023 12:05PM

Rampage2K-124December 23, 2023 12:15PM

AlbaNY_Ram124December 23, 2023 12:51PM

Any mention of secondary

Hazlet Hacksaw92December 23, 2023 01:50PM

Re: Blinkscout Game 15 ... Saints