Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Merlin chimes in…

December 06, 2023 05:51AM
Here’s Merlin…

McVay made some hard calls with his staff last offseason and the benefits are clear. Last season there were some staffing decisions that I'll chalk up to hubris. Like putting a LB coach over the secondary, or a RB coach over the TEs. Might not have been so bad had he hired a good RB coach when he moved Brown over, but either way I think his offensive staff needed fresh blood and the defense needed better quality for the secondary and at this point in the season the moves look like slam dunks.

Staff matters. Rams right now are far better off than they were last year.

Going forward I think we're still yet to see if the TE coach can get Higs some relief out there. We're still dependent on him. Also the OL is starting to gel so what will the ceiling on them as a unit be. Lines can be weird and much better than the sum of their parts when the right mix of guys are all working on the same sheet of music. This game in Baltimore is a big piece of that puzzle due to the challenge of it, as is that final SF game. But I like how we're trending for sure.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Are we giving the Ram asst coaches sufficient credit for the rapid development of so many youngsters?

Rams43118December 05, 2023 06:28AM

Re: Are we giving the Ram asst coaches sufficient credit for the rapid development of so many youngsters?

Old Goat54December 05, 2023 08:00AM

idk 3 games ago we wouldn't think so

Speed_Kills46December 05, 2023 08:27AM

Merlin chimes in…

Rams4342December 06, 2023 05:51AM

Great Point, we definitely need to!

fullcurl44December 06, 2023 07:34AM