Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Are we giving the Ram asst coaches sufficient credit for the rapid development of so many youngsters?

December 05, 2023 06:28AM
I wonder.

Not to take anything away from the fabulous job done by Les Snead and his scouts these past two years in acquiring talent. But it does occur to me that superior coaching has turbocharged the development of many already talented Ram youngsters.

Kyren Williams
Alaric Jackson
Steve Avila
Kevin Dotson (not a rookie or 2nd year player, but damn, he’s having a career year)
Puka Nacua
Byron Young
Kobie Turner
Ernest Jones
Ahkello Witherspoon (career year)
Quentin Lake
Jordan Fuller (another career year)

Other youngsters have had their own flashes and may well soon be strong contributors.

I’m just saying that it seems improbable that so many of these guys would simultaneously become rookie studs or young vets have their career years. I think that McVay is too modest to have too much attention go to himself and his assistants but I feel pretty strongly that all this rapid development didn’t occur in a vacuum.

I think McVay had a HR offseason with his asst coaching hires.

Thoughts?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Are we giving the Ram asst coaches sufficient credit for the rapid development of so many youngsters?

Rams43118December 05, 2023 06:28AM

Re: Are we giving the Ram asst coaches sufficient credit for the rapid development of so many youngsters?

Old Goat54December 05, 2023 08:00AM

idk 3 games ago we wouldn't think so

Speed_Kills46December 05, 2023 08:27AM

Merlin chimes in…

Rams4343December 06, 2023 05:51AM

Great Point, we definitely need to!

fullcurl45December 06, 2023 07:34AM