Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few ‘morning after’ thoughts…

November 27, 2023 05:16AM
I haven’t re-watched the game yet so these are just some streaming consciousness memories.

McVay has been criticized a great deal here for some of his decisions, especially play calling, including from yours truly. But he did a great job yesterday and the results speak for themselves. I can only hope he keeps the running game prominently in his future game plans, including the TE usage.

Stafford clearly is still having trouble with that thumb, but he managed a good game vs Cards anyway. He is a genuine throwback QB warrior. I still believe that it’s time to bring in his future replacement unless Wentz proves that he’s worthy. Better one year too early then one year too late.

Speaking of which, it would have been nice if McVay had brought Wentz in early enough in that fourth quarter to throw a few passes. But that is going to have to wait for another time, I guess.

OK, KW is legit, isn’t he? What a performance! More please.

I spent a great deal of time, watching that Ram offensive line, paying most attention to Jackson, Avila, and Dotson. Obviously, they all played very well. Then again, we must remember it was the Cardinals. Extend Dotson ASAP.

It was good to see the younger TE’s brought in, and also great to see Higbee finally have what I would describe as a very good game. I do wish that Allen and Long could have made a splash play or two, however. Tight end is still a draft need, don’t you think?

Kupp is clearly still hurting. Probably best to sit him for another game or two, in my opinion. Some combination of Trammell and Robinson will have to do until Kupp is once again hundred percent. I did notice Kupp blocking his tail off yesterday, however.

That Ram front seven is coming along, despite needing a competent outside linebacker, isn’t it? Both Young and Turner have been outright draft steals. Kudos to Sneed and his scouting department.

Cornerback is still a work in progress for the Rams but I have got to say that Morris managed to cover their various deficiencies rather well yesterday. Interestingly, both Kendrick and Tomlinson seem to be play maker and ballhawk types, yet both have a tendency to make killer penalties that keep opposing teams drives alive.

Another thing, is it me or did Morris make adjustments to take away the easy short, passing game from Murray? I seem to recall that Murray was denied those easy stick moving completions yesterday, and he is no savant at the long ball. If I’m right, kudos to Morris. Although I do have to wonder what took him so long?

Even the safety position seems to be coming along, not that Sneed will not probably draft one in this next draft.

On special teams, Evans had a light day with only one punt, although he couldn’t keep it out of the end zone. I like Trammell as returner. But our place kicker leaves all of us with a lot of questions.

Good news, bad news. The bad news is that Rams seem to be getting further and further away from being able to draft an elite top six player. The good news is that Rams are inching closer to gaining a playoff position. And it sure is fun to watch this team play well, and just simply win. I’ll take it!

Only six more games to go, guys. Will be interesting to see what the Rams trend line is gonna be during that stretch. Fingers crossed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2023 05:20AM by Rams43.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few ‘morning after’ thoughts…

Rams43265November 27, 2023 05:16AM

It was a great game but...

Ramsdude101November 27, 2023 05:26AM

its rinse and repeat

Speed_Kills76November 27, 2023 06:09AM

I can't help but think into the future.....

roman18108November 27, 2023 05:58AM

PARAM has some interesting numbers to ponder…

Rams4360November 28, 2023 07:19AM

Re: A few ‘morning after’ thoughts…

Coy Bacon43November 28, 2023 08:57AM

#32 Ochaun Mathis was active in garbage minutes w/ an Ed "Too Tall" Jones style

Rams Junkie49November 28, 2023 10:37AM