Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

With that talent he might have done better

November 07, 2023 02:17PM
I am proud to be the first to defend Goff. Tthis is a kid who has only gotten better since HS, College and Rams. Blaming the Rams failures on him does not explain the 1 and done decline we have seen with Mcvay's teams so far after a SB and if that trend follows our next SB will not be won by Matthew Stafford. Yes I this that would be a Super No! I just don't see it and McVay would probably prefer he retire because he will hate letting him go or cutting him. Goff has always spread the ball around. Goff would not be struggling to feed Kupp, Puca and Tutu as well as our TE and RBs. The real question is did Goff have to leave to get better and that is fair but with the same talent that Stafford had on offense and defense I find it hard to believe we would not have won a SB with him 2 years ago.

Would Sean and Sneed have gone all in around Goff? Good question but I doubt we would need to rebuild like we are doing today to stay on top or be pushed around in our division like we are experiencing even with Stafford.

The SB winning team was more talented, and we barely beat Cincy and Stafford struggled a bit along the way. It's an easy call to say perhaps we only win with Stafford, but he also creates the need for heroics by his own gunslinger mentality. Goff is more accurate and is ascending for sure. Does that mean he will win a SB in Detroit? Well, they did not go out and help their defense like Rams did going into their SB and they did not add another surplus weapon like we did. I do believe when it is all said and done statistically, he can outperform Stafford's Lions career by them having a better record if he remains healthy as he has so far.

Lions never ascended much despite Stafford's talent, so it is an exercise in futility. I would trade Stafford back to Lions to see if what you say is true and welcome Jared back and see if we can't win another SB. I'm just saying. I do respect you opinion and observation because I can see where you are coming from given that we have a SB win for the record, having a perineal contender is not that bad of an alternative prize given you know how to keep building towards it. The method we used forces us to burn down the barn and hope to save the hay that's in it.

Los Angeles Rams

Rap on.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2023 02:35PM by BumRap.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I do not dislike Jared Goff, but I believe two things...

JoeT13B538November 07, 2023 12:58PM

Re: I do not dislike Jared Goff, but I believe two things...

BerendsenRam163November 07, 2023 01:04PM

Old Goat185November 07, 2023 01:09PM

Ekern55158November 07, 2023 01:57PM

BerendsenRam83November 10, 2023 06:23PM

sfbayram49November 11, 2023 02:58AM

With that talent he might have done better

BumRap139November 07, 2023 02:17PM

Is it the system?

David Deacon55November 11, 2023 03:50AM

If Jaquiski Tartt didn't drop the easiest int ever, this is a whole different convo.

Saguaro75November 11, 2023 12:18PM

Re: If Jaquiski Tartt didn't drop the easiest int ever, this is a whole different convo.

21Dog48November 11, 2023 04:18PM

sure helped though

ferragamo7937November 12, 2023 06:02AM